xv

➵

ELEVEN PULLED AWAY AFTER MINUTES had passed where she was engulfed in the warm presence of Dustin and Mike. She had watched as Claudia walked away, her shoulders were slouched and she knew that she was upset. Eleven took small steps, making her way over to the hideout area, knowing that her friend was absent.

The problem was, Eleven didn't know why she left. Was it something that she did? Did she do something wrong? She didn't know, she really didn't. But it must have been something bad because of how sad Claudia look, the disappointment in her hazel eyes.

And seeing Claudia upset made Eleven upset as well.

"El?" Mike called out and her head whipped to look at Mike, quickly wiping the one tear that rolled down her dirty cheek. "Are you okay?"

Eleven nodded her head slowly, her eyes continuing to glance over where she last saw Claudia. "Yeah," She answered, her voice quiet and unsure. She hoped that Mike could believe her although the brunette boy could see 'lie' written all over her face. He walked up to her, looking at where she was staring at.

"Are you sure? Why are you crying?" Dustin asked as he pointed to the drops on her face but Eleven quickly tried to wipe away. She stood there silently, not wanting to say anything and Mike could see that.

He let out a sigh, shaking his head, "Come on, let's clean you up. My parents are at work and Nancy is in school." Mike had explained to Eleven, a warming smile on his young face. He then glanced down at her hand, taking hold of it gently. He could feel Eleven flinch a bit but he didn't dare to let go of her hand, even squeezing her hand to assure her that this was safe and that he wouldn't hurt her. Never.

But Eleven didn't flinch because someone had never held her hand like this before.

It was because she wasn't Claudia.

Eleven was just realising the world of love and friendship and she knew that Mike was suppose to hold Claudia's hand, not hers.

Dustin watched Mike and Eleven hand in hand together and he didn't know if he liked it or not. Mike seemed to enjoy holding her hand while Eleven was looking away from him. She was only barely just holding his hand, eager to let go.

Dustin always saw Mike and Claudia together, how innocent and happy they were when they stood side by side. The party always teased the two, made jokes and Claudia and Mike would deny. They didn't understand what this all meant.

"Mike?"

"Hey Claudia! Look, I just wanted to ask you something. Over."

"Okay, go ahead. Over."

"Do you like me? Over."

"What? Pfft, no! Who said that?! Over."

"The party. They keep teasing me about us being married. Over."

"Ew! Over."

"I know right? It's gross! Over."

"So gross."

Too young to understand what it means to like someone.

Too oblivious to understand what it means to know someone.

Too innocent to understand what it means to have those special feelings that is impossible to wipe away.

/////

Honestly what is with the Millie and Jacob dating rumour like it honestly has me so shooketh and annoyed.

But, if Millie is happy then I have to respect that

Just...she could have chosen someone better

Byeeeeee!

-Indiana