xii

➵

CLAUDIA WAS ALREADY SPRINTING AWAY when she heard Mike, Lucas and Dustin shout her name. She had forgotten that she was suppose to be quiet the whole time but was too distracted in finding Eleven. But their voices grew faint the more that Claudia ran through the woods. The brunette always looked over her shoulder just in case she could see them.

When the coast was clear and she couldn't hear the boys shout her name, she stopped in her tracks and bent over a bit with her hands resting on her knees as she took deep, sharp breaths. Her eyes scanned the view in front of her and it didn't surprise her when all she could see was everlasting trees.

And she felt déjà vu crawling up her skin.

Of course she felt it; she was a runaway and she did this on a daily basis. She wasn't surprised when all those memories flushed into her mind again.

But Claudia began to walk, having no idea where she was going. She probably would know where she was if she wasn't in the middle of nowhere and surrounded by dark, protective trees.

Claudia's shoes had already become dirtier, the white colour to it changing into a messy brown. And her hair only had a few loose strands here and there from her tight braid. The dress that she was wearing didn't look to bad so far, she was still confused as to why she even chose wearing a blue dress but it was going to have to do. The runaway had already eaten the packet of Eggos that Eleven gave to her when they were at Mike's house, promising that she would make an excuse to Mike if he ever questioned where the box went.

She felt the walkie talkie vibrate through her dress's pockets and a voice say her name.

"Claudia? Claudia? Claudia, can you hear me?"

She couldn't just ignore him. She should, but she couldn't. So she let out a sigh before speaking.

"Yes, although you're breaking up a little bit. Over."

"Okay, that's fine. Where are you? We heard you near us. Over."

Claudia nervously took a deep shaky breath before answering.

"What? No you didn't. You couldn't have. Over."

"What do you mean? The person that we heard definitely was you! Over."

"N-No it wasn't. You must be hearing things. Over."

"Claudia, friends don't lie. Over."

"...Just leave me alone. Please. Over and out."

"No! Claudia wait!"

"I said over and out!"

And she pushed the signal antenna back down into it's place, not wanting to hear from him.

It had only taken Claudia a couple of hours until she finally found something other than trees, grass and dirt.

A supermarket.

Exactly what she needed.

But, as Claudia had made her way over to the building, she had taken a step back when she saw a girl walk out of the supermarket, holding many boxes of Eggos in her hand. She didn't have her blond wig on and her face seemed to look a bit more dirtier.

Then the doors shattered and blood trickled down from her nose.

Of course.

Of course Eleven did that.

"Eleven!" Claudia proceeded to shout as she walked over to the Eggo lover, her steps were quick and short. Eleven caught attention to the brunette and she stopped so Claudia could catch up to her. Claudia had then brought her into a hug, hearing some of the Eggo boxes crack when they had been squished. It was a short hug but it was meaningful. "Why did you run away? I was trying to look for you everywhere!" She had said once they pulled away.

But Eleven only shrugged.

Claudia let out a sigh and she folded her arms, "T-The boys heard me. The three know that I'm here in Hawkins." She replied quietly, staring down at the concrete ground and then at her unclean shoes. "I could hear them running to catch me and I was so worried that they would actually find me."

There were a few seconds of pure silence from the two after Claudia had spoken. Claudia could sense that Eleven was thinking about something as she looked at the places behind Claudia, then at the woods with knitted eyebrows.

But then, Eleven looked back at Claudia and smiled.

"Hide together,"

And she pointed back to the never ending woods.

/////

I feel like this is more Eleven x Claudia rather than Mike x Claudia and I'm not even mad about it.

Fricking Eleven and Claudia could make an awesome team.

ALSO

THANK YOU FOR 1K WOOHOO

AND

Wattpad, sweetie what is wrong with you.

You have not been the best lately and I am getting quite annoyed.

Please fix yourself.

Why do I sound so professional and serious wtf Indiana omg.

Byeeeeeeeeee!

-Indiana