ii

➵

THE FIRST BUILDING CLAUDIA SAW was the local diner. Just thinking of food made the young brunette's stomach grumble in hunger. So, without taking a second chance, she slowly made her way to it, eager for fries and a burger.

The brunette use to always go here with her parents for dinner. They had gone so frequently that they made friends with the cook; Benny Hammond. He was a big, solid man, making it possible to beat anyone up. But he was nice, and he - in Claudia's words - truly made the best fries in Hawkins. The Parker's got along with Benny so well that the cook allowed Claudia to even join him into making the meals.

So, when Claudia opened the door to the diner, Benny's eyes glanced up to look at her and he stood still a bit, processing his mind to take everything in.

"Claudia, where have you been?" Benny spoke first as he engulfed her into a big yet fragile hug. The brunette struggled to find words as she choked back tears. She didn't want to talk just yet, she just was happy to feel the warmth and presence of someone once again because it had been such a long time that she forgot what it felt like.

Benny understood that Claudia wasn't in the mood to talk so he pulled away, giving her a small smile. "You look like you're in need for some food." He chuckled softly before turning away to go to the kitchen.

She got some stares here and there but she didn't blame them. She too, would stare if she saw a girl with filthy, ripped clothes, chaotic hair and a dirty body. Never in her life had she felt so uncomfortable and dirty in her clothes.

Except that time where the party danced, jumped and had a huge fight that consisted of mud.

"Claudia? Over."

"Hey Mike! Over."

"Today was so much fun! And that mud fight was awesome! Did you enjoy it? Over."

"Yeah I did! But after the fight was bad because we were all covered in mud and we looked like walking monsters. Over."

"Haha, you were the one who didn't get as much mud as everyone. Over."

"But still! I liked that dress and it got dirty! I couldn't wear it for like...a week! Over."

"That dress had to get washed, you were wearing it too many times. Over."

"You're mean! Mummy always told me that I looked nice in that dress! Over."

"You did! Over."

"....I did? Over."

"Yeah! Although you wore it a lot, you still looked nice! Over."

"Oh, thanks Mike! Over."

"It's okay, Clauds! Over."

Claudia was snapped out of her trance when she heard Benny yell and she instantly looked behind her.

In the kitchen, a girl with shaved hair stood there, a bowl of fries in her hands.

/////

ooooooohhhhhooooo

Ya'll know who it is anyway so I'm not even gonna try to ask who you guys think it is.

BUT ANYWAYYYYY

Have a nice day! I'll see you all next time I update!

Byeeeeeeeeeee!

-Indiana