viii

➵

"WILL ISN'T DEAD?" CLAUDIA REPEATED in disbelief as she looked at Eleven. All that she got as an answer was Eleven nodding her head again.

This was ridiculous.

The boys had left to go back to their homes after seeing Will's body being dragged out of water. But Eleven stayed, knowing that Claudia was somewhere near them. Claudia had tears streaming down her face as she glanced back at all of the police and other people that were at the scene. She didn't know if Eleven was being honest or not considering that definitely looked like Will's dead body.

"Other world. Upside down." Eleven spoke, a couple of tears brimming her eyes from when Mike yelled at her which got her scared and upset.

"So you're telling me that this body...Will's body...is fake?" Claudia questioned as Eleven answered with a quiet 'Yes'. "I can't believe this." The brunette's head then buried itself into her shaky hands as she chanted those four words over and over. "Are you lying?"

Eleven shook her head, "No." She answered truthfully, understanding that Claudia was still in denial that the body in the water may have looked like Will's, but it wasn't.

It was a couple of minutes of complete silence from the two as Claudia kept staring at the water as Eleven looked at her friend. "It's getting late, we should go." Claudia finally spoke up as she let out a big sigh. She faintly smiled at Eleven, "Looks like there is a lot that you have to tell me." She chuckled as the two began to walk away.

"Where will you go?" Eleven asked as she turned to Claudia whose eyes were trained in front of her. "Where will you sleep?"

Claudia cleared her dry and sore throat, "Uh, I'll probably stay in the Byer's Castle. I'm missing Will at the moment." She answered but the truth was, Claudia had no idea where she was going to stay. She had her home that she could still stay at but she couldn't allow herself to see anyone yet. Only Eleven.

The two jumped when she heard Mike's voice through the walkie talkie that was in Claudia's pocket. She took it out and brought it up to her mouth.

"Claudia? Claudia?! Are you there? Over."

"Yeah? You sound sad, what's wrong? Over."

"Will...Will is dead. Over."

Obviously, Claudia had to sound upset and all although she knew that - unlike Mike - Will wasn't dead.

"How do you know about that? Over."

"We saw his body! His body was in water a-and I'm trying so hard to believe that it isn't Will but it is! Over."

Claudia could hear how upset Mike was and she sighed heavily.

"Mike...are you sure it was Will? The real Will? Over."

"What are you sayi- Wait, where's Eleven?"

"Eleven?"

Eleven had then knocked on the front door of the Wheeler household which was Claudia's cue to leave in which she did.

"I-I think that's her."

"Eleven?"

"I'LL GET THE DOOR MUM! Look, I-I have to go! Don't worry! When we talk again, I-I will explain everything to you! Bye Clauds! Over and out!"

Claudia glanced back at Eleven, then at the dark streets ahead of her, running to wherever her feet brought her to.

/////

OH MY GOD IT'S CHRISTMAS YAYYYYY

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE AND HAVE A WONDERFUL YEAR

ALSO HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO FINN WOLFHARD YESTERDAY

REMEMBER TO VOTE AND COMMENT

Byeeeeeeeeeee!

-Indiana