Chapter 7

Jelly-legs jinx ..... No

Tail growing hex ..... Appealing, but no

Slug-Vomiting charm ..... No

Cruciatus curse ..... No. No. No.

Oh god! She wanted to hex him. She wanted to hex him so bad. That pathetic excuse of a prefect had the nerve to invade her personal space more than once. It had bruised her ego. She was successful in hiding herself, in being invisible for so long, but that guy had to come and ruin her perfectly peaceful life.

For the past few hours, all Alexa could think about was him and only him. That infuriating, sly, cunning, manipulative, handsome Slytherin. Wait handsome? She shrugged that thought immediately. She was right, because of him, she had started losing her mind.

Her stomach grumbled, reminding her she was hungry. Alexa took out her pocket watch. It was time for dinner. Because of him, lunch had totally escaped her mind. She subconsciously adjusted her black bangs, making sure they were in place. They were fake after all. She had conjured a muggle wig to hide her suddenly sensitive hairs. Two people knowing her secret was already enough for her.

Maybe she should use a memory charm on him she thought to herself, but then again he was not the only one knowing about her. She had an inkling that his friend also knew about her, and what are the odds that the latter would not remind the former one about her.

Her left hand clutched her wand securely. That sneaky thing had placed that wand in her belt when he had pulled her to him in the class. She was so frozen because of their proximity that she realized this only when he had left her. It was too late by then. Her cheeks turned red thinking about that moment.

Deep Inhale.

Deep Exhale.

She tried desperately to compose herself.

The light coming from the great hall had successfully brought her into the world of humans, or rather wizards. When did she reach there? She turned around to leave. No. Her day was already bad enough and she had no intention to make it worse. As if reading her thoughts, her stomach grumbled again. Maybe she should take a risk. She would not look in Slytherin direction, under any circumstances.

Tom was reading his book. It was his habit to carry his book everywhere. Every once in a while he would take a bite from his plate. Suddenly he felt a nudge. He looked up and glared at Anthony who was initially talking with Abraxas. Anthony directed his eyes along the entrance of the hall. Tom followed his eyes only to see Alexa had entered the hall. Her head was downcast. Her hands were fidgeting with the corner of her cloak. She was looking as nervous as usual.

Tom was surprised yet confused. Why was she there? He hadn't blackmailed her this time. However, his question was answered when a hand from the Hufflepuff table waved at her. Tom narrowed his eyes when he saw to whom that hand belonged. He was the same badger who had escorted her earlier that day. The hold he was having on his book tightened. He looked back at his original target to see she had seen the badger as well. Her face had gained some colour in the process, indicating she was embarrassed at the attention she was getting. A smile was playing on her lips. The pages of the poor book were torn by now, but he didn't pay any mind to it. No. The only thought that was running in it was 'What was she doing blushing and smiling at some boy like that? and why was it affecting him anyway?'

No matter what, his mind couldn't find answers to these questions. He wanted answers and he would make sure to get them by the end of that day.

Unknown to him, this time someone was watching him. This time he was not as discreet as he thought he was.

~*~*~

Please vote, comment and share.

Thank you all!!!