• Chapter 38 •

• Cameron POV •

"Kaye can we talk?" I asked. "No." She said. "please, I'm sorry." I pleaded. I wasn't crying, but my eyes were watery. "I said no!" She yelled. I jumped and the boys gave me a sympathetic look even though everyone was mad at me.

"Kaye I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to, I don't know why I did that. I'm so sorry." I said. her phone started ringing and she answered.

"Mom please come home." She cried. my heart stopped when I found out she was talking to mom. "I don't like it with you not being here. I don't feel safe." She said.

The boys looked at me. I put my head down and Kaye handed me the phone. "Hello?" I answered. "Cameron, what's going on? What's wrong with Kaye?" She asked me.

"I'm sorry mom, I'm so sorry." I tear rolled down my cheek. "Cameron Alexander Dallas what did you do?" She asked angry.

I told her everything I did and by the end of our phone talk I was crying. "I'm so sorry." I cried. "your sister doesn't even feel safe around you Cameron! We're getting a flight right now. I want everything of yours in my room right now and don't touch anything!" She yelled.

"Yes ma'am." I sniffled. She didn't say bye, she just hung up. I went to my room grabbing my laptop, phone, iPod, and iPad. I went to my parents room setting it on their bed then I went back to Kaye's room.

She was standing up and everyone was in the room. "Kaye, I'm so sorry." I said. she just nodded. I went to hug her but she flinched. I stepped back.

"I'm s-sorry." I stuttered. "I know." She sighed. I walked out and went to my room slamming my door shut.

• Hayes POV •

"What happened?" Carter asked. I told him what happened and his mouth dropped. "are you sure it wasn't an accident? Cameron would never put his hands on a girl, let alone his sister." He said.

"He did." Kaye said. "it's really hard to believe he slapped you." Taylor said. we all nodded agreeing. "his summer is probably over." Matthew said. "There's not even a probably. he's done for the summer." Nash said.

"Can you pass me my phone. I need to call Nila and dad." Nash said. I handed it to him an he thanked me. we all sat around Kaye's room.

"Hey, Nila. Is Ms. Melissa really mad?" He asked. We all looked at Nash like he was stupid. of course she's mad. "wait what?" He asked. he looked at Kaye then me.

"I understand, but why?" He asked. we all gave each other confused looks. "I will Nila. I promise." He said. "love you too, hold on." He said. He handed the phone to me.

"Hello?" I said. "Hayes, I don't want any problems with you that effects Kaye at all. I don't want you saying any mean things to her or anything like that. I swear if you do anything, you're going to be in a lot of trouble." She said. "yes ma'am, I promise I won't." I said.

"Please try to make her happy, she needs it. I love you okay." She said. "I will and I love you too." I said. "I'll talk to you later." She said. I said by then hung up.

"Kaye, your parents can't come down. they have to finish their trip. I'm sorry." Nash said. She nodded, "no, I'm okay. I'm gonna go talk to Cameron." She said, wiping her tears.

"What did Nila say?" Carter asked. "that I can't make Kaye upset at all or I'm gonna be in a lot of trouble." I said. "yeah, I agree. She needs to be happy." Matthew said. "well then you and Hayes need to stop having arguments between each other. y'all need to settle that." Nash said.

We both nodded. "She was happy before Cameron last night and today." Madison said. "for real, like she's been happy for awhile." Taylor said.

"I'm in charge." Nash smirked. "what about Cameron?" I asked. "his mom said she didn't trust him, not right now." He said. "does dad and Nila know that you drunk too?" I asked. he shook his head.

"Fake." I said. "how?" He asked. "because you shouldn't be trusted either cause you're just as bad, you just didn't hit Kaye." I said. "yeah." Everyone else agreed.

"I can't tell on myself, I'll be in a lot of trouble, probably more than cam." He said. "you would." I said. "it's still not fair to cam." Carter said. "yeah." Madison agreed with him. they smiled at each other.

"Ew." I said. madison looked at me. "not you guys." I quickly said. "that's what I thought." She smirked.

Cameron walked in with Kaye. "I can't keep holding grudges and I can't keep being unhappy." Kaye said. I smiled and so did she.

"So you're not mad at anyone or anything?" Matthew asked. "nope. I'm starting fresh." She said. "thank god." Carter said.

We all looked at him. "what? Kaye's mean." He said. "eh." Kaye shrugged, "not gonna argue with that one."

We all laughed.

________________________

15 votes

5 comments

For the next chapter!