Chapter 12

This entire week has been pure torture. It's like if earth became more like Hell than it already was. I take back my words about it being halfway decent.

"Miss Amore. Keep your eyes on your work and not every single guy that walks into my office." Hunter spoke over the intercom.

"How do you know?"

"I have cameras. I can't let my assistant be hurt without surveillance catching everything that happens. I have to find someone to sue sometime." He replied nonchalantly. As if he casually sues someone on a Wednesday afternoon. I looked around the room for the camera and finally found it in the corner of the room. I waved and smiled.

A woman rushed over to my desk and slammed her hands in it, "Hello I must speak to Mr. King immediately!"

"Oh Fuck, I mean- shit, excuse my language. What do you think you are doing?" I asked sitting up straighter in my chair. She was fuming and looked like she was ready to fight a bitch.

"Listen, girl, you better be nice or I won't be nice." She warned. I cleared my throat and pushed my nameplate forward a tad bit with my pen. She glanced down quickly and read it.

"I don't care who you are. It's only temporary anyway." I ignored her comment and pretended to write something on a sticky note.

"Name?" I asked. She groaned in frustration and threw her hands in the air.

"Goddamn, desk people don't know who the hell they are talking to. I am a very important person, and I just want to see Mr. King. If I don't, life may be at risk."

"Ok, I'll ask him." I pressed the button for the intercom. "Mr. King a lady who claims she is very important is requesting to enter your office." I waited for him to reply.

"Name?" Hunter asked. I looked over at the lady who looked like she could explode at any moment.

"Name?"

"Tina Floré." She answered. I nodded and pressed the button keeping eye contact with her.

"Tina Floor," I told Mr. King. He said he didn't know anyone name Tina Floré.

"I'm sorry but he doesn't know anyone by the name Tina Floor-"

"Floré." She corrected in an annoyed tone.

"My apologies Miss Floré-"

"I am married." She interrupted again.

"I'm am terribly sorry I didn't see a ring." She lifted her hand up and shoved her hand in my face. I could smell her lunch pretty much and it did not smell good.

I hope her husband knows she is cheating on him.

"Do you see it now you poor ass rat lady?" Why does everyone think I have something to do with rats? If I did, I would have sent them to attack them by now. Just then the big double doors opened revealing Mr. King. He stood tall and very intimidating might I add. If I was her, I would wish to not exist anymore.

"Mrs. Floré I would greatly appreciate it if you would not insult my employees. I suggest you apologize to my assistant before I get security to escort you out."

"Yes, sir I am so sorry Miss." She apologized and then turned to Mr. King for his approval. He nodded. He wasn't very convinced though.

"What do you need Mrs. Floré?" He asked.

"Well, my husband has asked you to meet with him."

"Your very healthy husband who isn't dying at all?" He said and raised an eyebrow.