Chapter 26

Mr. Carter got up and walked out.

"Bella comes on I don't want to not see you. When my dad says that stuff he fucking means it."

"I'm sure he does. But don't worry I'll fix up my act. I just wanted him gone so I could do this." I sat in his lap and kissed him.

...

"Bella Leave."

"I just got to work."

"Leave."

"Am I getting paid for not being at work because I know I can't pay my bills if I can't fucking work?"

"Do not curse Bella. Yes, you are getting paid double now leave."

"Fine, I'll go." I turned and walked right back into the elevator.

"Do not curse Bella." I mocked. "Bella leave." The hell is his problem.

"Are you ok?" A man asked beside me. I didn't even notice he was there.

"Oh yeah sorry. Boss is just being a bitch."

"I heard yah. I try to avoid him as much as possible."

"What do you do?"

"I'm new here. I'm on the 36th floor."

"Cool. So nice talking to you. I have to go see my boyfriend."

"Have fun." He said before I stepped out of the elevator.

I left the building and walked the way I do every time I go see Tyler. Mr. King doesn't know where I go which is great. He doesn't need to be all up in y business. This is his third time I couldn't work because of something. I have no idea why, but I will find out sooner or later.

The usual receptionist was out sick so I have been able to walk into the building like I used to. It is some old grouchy lady. Rose has also been a little under the weather so I haven't got my usual greetings up on the top floor.

"Bella here so early again?" Tyler asked and kissed me.

"Yeah, I'm still getting paid though. Double apparently."

"Well, that's good. Getting paid to spend time with me." We walked to his desk and he sat down. I pulled over a chair and sat next to him. He thinks I should just stay sitting on his lap, but I can't move around as much when I am sitting on his lap.

"What's up, baby?"

"Just a little stressed. Someone hacked into my computer and I don't know-how at all. My tech guys can't even figure it out. I have been forced to do everything by hand and my hand and I are very tired."

"Then take a day off."

"I can't. Especially not now."

"We should go somewhere then. Just you and me. How about New York? Just walk around a bit."

"I don't know-"

"Only a few days and then you can come back with a fresh mind."

"Ok."

...

"What is this Bella?" Mr. King asked and picked up the paper I dropped on his desk.

"I'll be going out of town for a few days."

"May I ask where?"

"New York City." I smiled.

"Sounds fun"

"If you need anything for me to do, this is the last day until I return."

"Yes, do you think you can retrieve the bug from Mr. Carter's computer? It has done its work and it is no longer needed there."

"Do I have to? Can't you just have someone else do that?"

"No Miss Amore. If you have a problem you can change this notice form into a resignation form."

"Ok, It'll be on your desk before I leave tomorrow." He nodded and set my paper to the side of his desk. I turned and walked out of his office. To Tyler's office...again.

Hunter's POV

She definitely has a boyfriend. Who could possibly be her boyfriend? Was it that Tyler guy. The nerd some floors down. No, he got fired and left.

Where does she even go when I tell her to leave? I know she doesn't go home because I have a guy staying near her house to protect her. He tells me she gets home at reasonable times but not right after she leaves work. I picked up my phone and called down to the receptionist.

"Hello, sir." Marie greeted.

"Hello, Marie. Do you know which way Miss Amore goes after I tell her to go home?"

"Yes, I believe she goes to the left. No, the right. Yeah, the right." Tyler Carter's office building is that way.

"Thank you, Marie." I hung up and then called Bella immediately.

"Yes, Mr. King? I am about to go into Mr. Carter's office."

"Do you go there a lot?"

"That is none of your concern Mr. King. My whereabouts after work are none of your business so I suggest you mind your own business. " She hung up on me. I just sat there confused and shocked. How dare she!

She is fucking dating the enemy.

•Edited•