Chapter 56

Hunter's POV

"They'll be here in ten minutes." The officer said. I nodded and then turned my attention back to Bella.

"Hey Hunter," I hummed signaling for her to continue. "When I wake up can we go get drunk?"

"No, because you are staying awake for the time being."

"But I'm tired. And there is a lot of blood coming out of me. Like a lot. I don't even know how I am still awake. If I don't make it, tell a joke before I get buried."

"No Bella you at going to make it."

"One sheep, two sheep, three sheep, four sheep, hey why is that sheep red?" She slowly drifted off and then she said nothing else. She has been way too close to death too many times.

"Bella, Bella wake up." I shook her lightly. She didn't move a muscle. "She isn't waking up!"

"Great job Watson." Mathew complimented.

"Sir please stay calm they should be here soon." The officer said.

"Calm? Why should I be calm? What if your loved one was dying in front of your eyes. Hm? Would you be acting calm?!"

"Sir please stay calm." He repeated.

"I am calm!" I shouted.

Mathew spoke up, "Hunt, come on just listen." I turned away from the officer and sat back down next to Bella. Not long after the paramedics came and took her away.

"Any family? Boyfriends? Girlfriends?" One paramedic asked. Mathew nudged me. I raised my hand.

"I am her boyfriend." I lied, but he didn't care. He signaled for me to get in. Mathew told me he'd meet me there with mom. Apparently, she went out earlier and didn't tell us. If she was home it would have been worse and not for us.

I sat in the back of the ambulance with one of the paramedics. He was checking her to make sure she was stable.

"Well, she lost a lot of blood. She should make it to the hospital, but past that I don't know."

"Thank you." He nodded and went back to his work. I grabbed her hand which was cold and stared at her face. She looked pale already. I thought that happens a little later.

...

When we got to the hospital, they took her away right away. They told me to wait in the waiting room. Of course, I didn't listen. I started wandering the halls, but an hour later I decided to just stay in the waiting room in case they needed to tell me she woke up or something.

When I got to the waiting room, Mathew and my mom were sitting down. Mathew was twiddling his fingers and my mom just looked sad. As soon as she saw me, she ran over to me.

"Hunter thank god you are ok. Is Bella ok? Where is she? They just told me to wait in here with you, but you weren't here and I thought something bad happened to you." She said anxiously.

"I'm fine mom. Bella was shot three times in the leg and she lost a lot of blood. The paramedic said she would make it to the hospital which she did, but past that he didn't know. That is all I know."

"I hope she is ok. I really thought- never mind." She sat back down next to Mathew.

"You ok Matt?" I asked.

"Yeah, I just wish I was there earlier. You know. I might have prevented something."

"None of this is on you. You saved her by punching Tyler."

"You punched Tyler!?" My mom asked.

"Shh and yes I did. I felt so badass mom. I think I want to be a fighter." Mathew said.

"Oh god no. That is dangerous. Maybe choose something less deadly."

"Mom please." He pleaded.

"We'll talk about it later." She answered. Mathew looked content with her answer so he shut up.

...

"Family or relatives to Miss Amore." The doctor said as he read off of a paper on a clipboard. I stood up.

"I am her boyfriend." I lied again, but it won't be a lie soon. Hopefully.

"Well good news. She is awake. We were able to get a blood donation for her. So she is doing just fine now. She might be a little tired though. Room 167 if you would like to see her." He said before leaving. I instantly went to her room. When I opened the door, she was sitting up and awake. She smiled as soon as she saw me.

"Hunter."

"Amore."

"Ryan is here too." I snapped my neck towards the direction of the voice and it was Ryan.

"What are you doing here?" I asked and glared at him. I walked over to Bella and stood beside her.

"Well, what do you think I am here for? I heard Bella was hurt so I came here as fast as I could."

"Well, aren't you being nice? What do you want?"

"What? A guy can't be nice every once and a while. I think you should be thanking me. Who knows what may be coming next. Bella's dad sent this." He took out a piece of paper and handed it to Bella. He walked out before we could ask anything about it.

"Are you going to open it?" I asked her. She shook her head.

"Later. Right now I want Jello."

"Hospital Jello?"

"Yeah what's wrong with that?"

"Nothing. I'll be right back." I left her and went to the cafeteria to get her Jello. When I got in there it wasn't that crowded. Just a few people. I got her Jello and just as I was about to leave someone bumped into me harshly which made me drop the Jello.

"Watch where you are going." I glared at the man.

"I'd watch that mouth, Hunter." A man's voice said.

"_ _. _ _ _ _ _?"

"Yes Hunter, it's me."

•Edited•