Chapter 69

"Where do you think you are going?" Ryan asked as I stood up.

"To get water," I answered and walked away from him. I went to the kitchen and grabbed a water bottle out of the fridge. When I turned around, Ryan was standing there with an angry expression on his face. I rolled my eyes. "What did I do this time?"

"What do you think you did?"

"Got water? I didn't know that was against the rules. Apparently yesterday it was also against the law to cough because I was being 'too loud'."

"You were being too loud. I was trying to have a meeting."

"With who? Your stuff animals?"

"I don't have stuffed animals!"

"You can lie all you want, but I know the truth." I walked back to the living room leaving him standing. He just had to follow me through.

"Bella," He paused. "You better fucking listen or you'll be 6 feet down."

"Well, we all end up there eventually!" I pulled out of his grip and sat down.

"Remember the rules, Bella. Or one of your 'friends' will be 6 feet under."

"Actually I think Meadow would want me to be deeper than that, but I guess 6 feet will do."

Hunter's POV

"Son," my father walked over to my desk. I looked up from my papers. "Loren has informed me that you kicked her out, screamed at her, and put a tracker in her coat."

"Well, who are you going to believe me or her?" I asked.

"Well, that is debatable."

"Then I have nothing to say to you. Get out." I pointed to the door.

"You've changed Hunter. You've changed." He turned and walked out without another word. I stared at the door not doing anything. The sound of police sirens snapped me out of my gaze. I returned my attention to my work. I continued reading the papers making marks and comments on the paper.

A few minutes into my work the phone started ringing. I waited for the second ring and then picked it up.

"Mr. King speaking."

"Good afternoon Mr. King. This is Marie. A woman is downstairs claiming to be the mother of your baby." I froze and thought about all the women I may have slept with that I can remember. I remember having protection.... for most of them... I think.

"Mr. King?" Marie asked.

"Name?" I waited a few seconds before she responded.

"Maddie." Maddie? Have I slept with a Maddie? Think Hunter think.

"I'll be down." I hung up and grabbed my suit jacket. I slipped it on and walked to the elevator. When I got to the bottom floor, Marie was standing by a woman. No doubt she was pretty, but Bella pretty? No.

Oh stop thinking about her you dumb ass.

"Mr. King this is Maddie. Mad-" Maddie stopped her and put her hand up signaling for her to stop talking.

"I can introduce myself Marie. My name is Maddie." She put her hand out for me to shake which I ignored. I'm not being nice if you won't either, but then again have I ever been nice?

"Why are you here?" She put her hands on her stomach.

"I'm pregnant with your baby." She grabbed my hand and put it on her stomach.

"I don't recall sleeping with a Maddie." She laughed.

"You're so funny Hunter. Remember in Puerto Rico?"

"Hmm? No."

"Hunter! You forgot me?!"

"Yeah."

"I can't believe this! How could you forget me? You promised you wouldn't forget and I was special."

"I don't recall any of this. However, I did go to Puerto Rico. When I was 5. So I guess I was pulling ladies at a young age." She screamed in frustration causing most of my staff to look over. "Be quiet will you?"

"I can't believe you. I buy this stupid fake stomach for you and what do you do? Reject me! We were going to have a family together!" She exclaimed and lifted her shirt up. She pulled out one of those fake stomachs to make you look pregnant. She threw it at me and then turned and ran away.

Everyone was silent, not knowing what to do or say.

"Um sir I'll take that to the trash." Marie suggested. I looked down at her.

"Please do." I handed it to her and turned. "Get back to work!" I shouted to everyone. They stopped looking at me and turned to what they were doing before Maddie started screaming her head off.

I got back to my office and Peter was sitting at my desk with the TV remote in his hands and legs on my desk.

"What are you doing?"

"What does it look like I am doing? Watching the news."

"Get up. I have work to do."

"Yeah with what the fake pregnant lady downstairs. I saw her putting the belly on herself by her car." His put his feet down. "So anything new going on with the King?"

"N-"

"Hello and welcome back to New news. I'm Mary, and today we are going to be talking about the news." The news lady, Mary said.

"Pet-"

"Shut up the news is on." He turned the TV volume up.

"To start of the evening we have our top story. Gang member Ryan Moore was caught less than an hour ago. We aren't sure on the details, but we have so far found 10 dead and 6 injured. Bodies are still being found and we encourage everyone to stay inside. No one knows who is affiliated with the gang or not. Jordan is live on the scene." The screen switched to a man with microphone in his hand waiting to speak.

"Yes Mary, I am here at Ryan Moore's house where less than an hour ago it all went down. As you can see there was so much damage done." He moves aside to show the damage. The whole house was destroyed. Looked like some explosion went off or something. "The authorities are still discovering dead bodies everywhere. It looks like a mini war zone." The screen switched back to Mary.

"We will keep you posted on that. And now for puppies in the rain."

Meadow's POV

"Excuse me! My best friend was in that house!" I said frantically to an officer who was holding me back from running into the debris.

"I'm sorry ma'am no one is allowed past the tape."

"My friend was in there. And she better not be dead or you are all dead! And don't call me ma'am!"

"I apologize miss,  but rules are rules."

"This is outrageous! Do you know if she got out? Who are the dead people!?"

"That is classified you'll have to go to the hospital if you want to know if your friend made it, but I can't say who is dead or not."

"Stupid fucking police officers." I mumbled as I walked back to my car.

•Edited•