29.

~Lance's POV~

It's been two days, since we found Keith on the floor, unconscious, but it had been two days, since he haven't woken up and his temperature was still going up.

The others were going to the castle today, so Shiro was waiting for them, while I was trying my hardest not to start crying, because of Keith's condition.

"Hmm..." I heard a groan behind me. I looked at Keith. He was waking up. "Lance...?" he said in raspy, shaky voice and coughed a couple of times. I handed him medicine, we kept on the side table for him if he woke up, and a glass of water.

He gulped down the pills and laid back down. "What happened to you? We found you on the floor of the bathroom with a fever. Thank God we got here earlier."

"I woke up sick or something and had to throw up, but didn't want to on the floor, so I ran to the bathroom and passed out there..." he said slowly. "How long was I out?"

"We got two days early here and the whole tome you were unconscious. Shiro is waiting for others to come back."

".... I was out for three days...?" he whispered, guilt in his voice.

"Shh... It's okay amor. You didn't do anything wrong." I hugged him for a few minutes, until he started furiously coughing. I rubbed his back and whispered sweet nothings to his ear. "You want something?"

"Water..."

I went to the bathroom with a glass and poured water in it. I got back to our room with a it and gave it to Keith. He slowly drank it and put it on the bedside table.

"You good?" he just laid down and didn't said anything. "Rest. You need energy." I wanted to walk away, but he caught my arm, making me stop.

"Don't go...." he whispered in tired voice.

"Okay, I won't." I replied and kissed his head.

~•~

A knock on the door woke me up. "Yeah?"

"Lance?" Hunk.

"What's up, buddy?"

"Can I come in?"

"Sure."

He opened the door and walked in with a smile and two bowls of food goo. "Did he woke up yet?"

"A while ago." Keith was peacefully sleeping on the bed, his face had a little pink blush. I felt his forehead. He was still warm, but it was a lot better than the last time. "His fever is going down... That's good." I mumbled.

"Pidge said, that we should get him to the med bay, for check up." he said and put the food goo on the table. "You should wake him up." and with these words, he left.

"Keith, kitten, wake up~~" I purred softly in his ear.

He groaned and opened his eyes. "Hmm~?" he moaned.

"Come on, wake up, we're going to the med bay for a check up." he sat up, slowly and coughed a little.

~•~

We got to the med bay, with Keith in my arms, because he was too tired to walk.

Shiro and Coran were already there, preparing one of the pods.

Shiro was the first one to notice me. "Is he still sleeping?" he carefully asked.

"He fell asleep when we were walking here. Should I wake him up?"

"No, no, no. It's okay. I doubt he can walk to the pod and wait a minute standing up."

I put him in the pod and went to Coran. He was looking at the screen concerned.

"Coran?" Shiro approached us. "What's wrong with him?"

"I fear, that we don't know... He has some sort of illness, but they're completely healthy, as the pod says-"

"Wait, wait, wait. 'they're'?  What does that mean?"

"We'll..."

"Coran. What do you mean by that?" I asked with harsh tone, but you could not notice the hint of fear.

"The pod shows... Two... Two more little ones in the pod...."

Everything stopped. Wait... Two more... There are three in the pod...? Twins...?

"You are telling us, that Keith is pregnant...? With twins?!" Shiro freaked out.

I stood there, frozen. How am I supposed to tell him? I knew that this was possible after the... Last time we do it, but...

"Yes. And if the pod doesn't want to let him go for some reason.... And if it won't let them go..."

"What will happen...?"

"They can die..."