Chapter 15

UNKNOWN POV:

We arrived at the pack hospital where Alisa was taken into a room to get the pup out, I am currently holding on to Hunter and also trying to get Janes to calm down.

"she will be alright okay, everything will be fine," I say to Janes more to myself than him.

My heart keeps beating fast and I can hear it fighting to leave my chest, I am scared for my friend but I have to hold it in for the sake of her little pup and her dread mate here with me.

I gasp in pain feeling something pulling through my heart slowly while Janes holds his heart in pain.

"no, it can't be "I continue saying in disbelief while holding on to the crying pup in my hand tightly.

I felt broken both physically and mentally, the pain I feel in my heart is a mix of emotion happiness and sadness.

I fall lazily on the bench with tears rolling down my cheeks, I look towards the open door as the pack doctor walk toward us" is she alright? tell me doctor "Janes demanded sounding wounded.

"no, we tried but at the last minute she went into labor and she taking her last breath now, she would like to see you both now, "the doctor whose name is Ethan says leading us into the room of Alisa.

Immediately I set my eyes on her I was broken she looks so weak her eyes were no longer bright and she was looking pale.

I rushed to her side sitting next to her on the bed.

She smiled weakly at me" look at her isn't she pretty " she says pointing toward the crib by her bedside.

I bring my eyes to the little angel inside the crib "indeed she looks like you " I say smiling, yes for real she looks just like her Mum having amber eyes, brown hair so cute and innocent.

"the doctor says since she was giving birth two months early she would take time developing and also needs to be monitored for any problem that would arise, "she explains with a blank look on her countenance.

"I will b.. be bre.. breathing my last," she says with her voice breaking as sad tears roll down her cheek.

She looked at me with hopeful eyes" please take care of her, I am naming her Kate Darby David" she says holding my hands tightly with tears rolling down her cheeks making me flinch" I want her to answer my middle name"

"I promise to be there for her and love her like she is mine," I say but it hurt me more saying these things and knowing I won't be able to keep my promise.

"call Janes for me and hunter my son," she says barely above a whisper.
I was too focused on her to notice Janes's absence.

I walk outside to find him holding hunter's little hands while resting lazily by the wall looking at his feet "Janes she will like to see you and hunter now"I say gaining his attention.

"I can't the pain is too much to confront," he says looking towards me with pain-filled eyes making him look twice older than his age.

"she needs you now more than ever, " I say walking towards him.

He nods his head in understanding, taking hunter from him we walk into the room.

She smiled weakly at her son" hi sweetie"

I place hunter on the bed beside her " Mum what's wrong? " he asks looking into his mother's eyes confused.

I worry for this little boy losing his mother at this young age, I can't bring myself to look into his eyes anymore.