Chapter 48

Kate pov:

"I feel uneasy, "I say pacing around the office while Lawrence sits watching me intensely "something is about to happen, I don't get why he is on his way here and what his message means. Something is fishy" I sigh running my hand through my hair in frustration.

"calm down Kate, " Lawrence says calmly walking towards me.

He places his hand on my shoulders making me relax "he said I won't survive this time" I say resting my head on his shoulder.

He lifts my chin looking me in the eyes "we are ready for anything that going to come our way" he says with a smile.

I feel like am not even ready for what comes my way" we are going to get through this together" he says sensing my fear "don't stress "

I simile weakly "okay let get this over with," I say pulling him out of the room towards the field where everyone is training.

"Kate over here" Becca yells waving from the field where she is training with Ethan.

I left Lawrence side walking towards Becca and Ethan "Kate I need your help" Becca says glaring at Ethan playful who has a smirk on his lips.

"and for what exactly, "I say hiding my smile.

"Ethan is getting on my nerves because he thinks he has more skills in fighting than me," she says between clashed teeth.

"I have skills just admit it, Becca, " he says smirking pulling Becca closer.

Always competitive but what can I say it all love" you have skills Ethan when it comes to fighting " I say, Ethan grin widely while Becca frown at me " but my friend here" I simile mischievously wrapping my hand on Becca shoulder "has skills in other aspects " I wink making Becca blush.

"I know she does, " Ethan says laughing.

"shut up," Becca says hitting Ethan on his belly lightly.

"you highness Alpha Janes is close to the border with his warriors calling for war" I receive through the pack mind link.

"okay keep him from crossing the border, Anderson, and Lillian move everyone to the safe house" safe house? I didn't know there is a safe house" Jack get all the warriors and come with me" Lawrence orders through the mind link.

"I am coming with you, right? " I ask, "there is no way I am leaving this for you alone" I mind link him privately.

"Kate you stay back, I can't let you come with me," he says pleading.

"no, you said we are in this together so why are you leaving me out of this," I say getting angry.

He was silent for a second before replying" I can take care of this don't you worry "

"I am coming with you," I say not giving him any more thought to my decision.

"you will stay here" he orders using his power "Hunter get Kate, Becca, and Grace to the safe house before joining us okay"

"Levi go with mum to the safe house while Alex, dad, Melanie, and PA come with us" he orders.

He walks towards me kissing me on my forehead before shifting into his lycan running into the forest with the warriors tailing after him.

I plead with Lawrence through the mind link but he blocked me out, I tail after Hunter defected with Lawrence's command.

I helped the children and women into the safe house with the help of my girls, Hunter left after bringing me into the safe house, he assured me everything will be taken care of but I still feel I am needed there and not here.