Chapter 35

I release him from the hug " I heard what went on between you, Grace, Becca, and Lillian " he says warily after a few minutes of silence.

I refuse to look at him because I know he surely takes sides with his sister "you know Lillian says those things in anger, she doesn't think of you that way" he says holding my hands.

"I understand " I reply coldly knowing where all this is going.

" I am always here for you, tell me what going on in that mind of yours," he says softly before bringing my face to look at him " I am dying to know what going on, it makes me feel helpless that I can't even help because you won't tell me anything or let me in," he says, his eyes grow wistfully and of pain evident in his voice.

"Kate you need to tell him, it now or never," Taira says tiredly " don't you think its time to let go, to let someone take the wheel "

"Please do this for me," she says before going to the back of my mind.

I free my chin from his hold looking forward " what hurts me more is my expectations " I glance at him before looking back at the water flowing freely " expectations that one day my dad will look at me with love, will care for me that just one day my brother will laugh with me not at me, just for one day my brother will fight for me and not fight me for someone else " I say remembering the first day I found out the alpha was my dad.

Flashback .................. When Kate was just 6 years

"Ma" I yelled running down the stairs towards the kitchen " stop running in the house Kate" Ma yelled from the kitchen.

"Ma come on, I will be late for school, " say trying to climb on the high stool.

Ma pick me up placing me on the stool before kissing my cheek making me giggle "my little girl is now all grown up, okay now eat up" she says trying to feed me my cornflakes.

"Ma you said I am a big girl now, so let me eat alone," I say taking the spoon from her, it was a little difficult eating alone, the cornflakes on the table and floor, she scolds me to eat gently but I survived anyway " I am going bye, " I say jumping from the stool.

"Kate I am taking you to school, so wait let me clean this up," she says stopping me in my track, I turned around and scowl.

" Ma, I am taking the bus with Grace today, " I say before running towards my room to get my bag pack.

I came downstairs to find Ma waiting for me by the door with my lunch pack in her hands "Ma you can't take me to school, the alpha son Hunter will make fun of me again" I say pouting.

" no, you are getting late let's go," she says holding my hand taking me out before putting me on the passenger seat of the car.

A few minutes we arrived at my school, a new day of bullying from Hunter and his friends.

She opens the door for me before placing a kiss on my forehead after giving me my bag pack and laugh pack.

"don't get into trouble again " she warns, I just can't help it because I tend to fight back when provoked.

"yes" I laugh before running off to my class.

"look who will have here," someone says pushing me, I just know this must be Hunter, alpha Janes son his mother died 6 years ago at least that is what I heard, his father is very wicked and cold, I have only seen him once.

" can you please leave me alone today, " I say glaring at him, he is a senior to me by three years.

"why will I do that when it's fun disturbing you, " he says smirking.