Chapter 47

Kate pov:

I groan my eyes hurt, my muscles aching, I blink trying to adjust to the brightness from somewhere in the room.

I rise my body to a sitting position, I am locked in a big birdcage, my clothes change from my nightwear to a white plain dress.

"What going on here?"I ask Tiara but receive no reply.

I tried reaching to her but felt empty inside, I move in a kneeling position the bright light coming from a little hole.

I hold the cage with one hand and the other trying to reach for the light" help me, is someone out there" I yell but my cries echo back hunting my thoughts.

"Lawrence, ma, aunty Melanie. Anyone "I clamor, feeling loneliness creeping in the depth of my heart "please" I whimper.

"Kate" a soft voice echo around me"you have to fight because everyone is in danger" the voice continues

"Can you please help me whoever you are"I call out.

"You are the only one to help yourself"

"Who are you? and why can't you help me " I wrap my tears before sitting?

"I am the moon goddess but you have to free yourself because the goddess of darkness is coming " she explains.

"You are the moon goddess?" I ask surprised and in shock "wait a minute you mentioned something about a goddess of darkness," I said flustered.

"We are opposite forces, she trying to kill you and Lawrence destroying everything and my beloved children, " she says with hate lancing her voice.

"Then what am I doing being locked here by who knows who?"

"You have to let go of all the hate in you before you can be free," she says warmly" you are cage in hate and anger that is overwhelming everyone around you"

"I don't get you," I say confused.

"You have to love something for you to protect it," she says, her voice fading into my mind.

I shudder in fear has the only light coming into the room enveloped in darkness.

I tried to keep my eyes focused but it felt like I am being drawn into an endless depth of darkness.

I jerk up from the bed panting, I twirled around trying to get myself together.

This is Lawrence's room, I reach for the water on the nightstand feeling sourness in my throat.

I gulp the water before placing the empty glass back on the nightstand "what just happened" I muttered under my breath bewildered staring into space.

"Kate you need to find Lawrence now"Tiara demands.

"Why? Is everything okay?" I ask with panic.