chapter eleven

Izzy's POV

After I got out of the hospital I went back home and took some medication. My ribs hurt like hell but I had shit to do today.

I decided to call Dallas.

"Hey Dallas, do you still wanna go to the store with me today? I'm leaving in a little bit."

"Of course. I can pick you up right now if you want."  He said.

"Sounds good." And then I hung up.

I told Two-bit I was gonna go to the store and then I went outside and waited for Dallas.

He pulled into the driveway a few minutes later, and I got in.

"Hey Dally." I said.

"Hey Miss Priss. Where'd you wanna go?" He asked.

"Lowe's or something. I need plants." I said.

"Alright. There's one right down the road."

We arrived at the Lowe's around five minutes later, and I walked in. Plants were everywhere. And although I really enjoyed it, the plants were real. And I needed fake ones.

I filled my cart with plants and looked at Dallas, who was laughing at me.

"You really like plants, huh?" He said, still laughing.

"Hell yeah I do. You aren't even gonna be able to see my walls after I'm finished." I said.

I went to the cash register to pay, and since I bought five plants I got five free. It was pretty fantastic. I ended up spending $28 for ten plants. Talk about a great day.

Dallas and I hopped in the car to head back to my place.

"Thanks for coming with me Dally." I said.

"Anytime."

We drove back in silence. Not an awkward silence, though. A comfortable silence.

Once we got back to the house, Dallas helped me get all my plants into my room.

"Jesus, Izzy. How many do you need?" Two-bit said, spotting my ten plants.

"I like plants. They're fake anyways." I said.

"Thanks Dally!" I squealed.

Dallas pretended like his ears hurt and covered them with his hands. "You're too loud."

"Blame Two-bit." I said, winking.

Dallas left and I got to work in my room. And two hours later, the job was done. I already had a couple plants in my room, but now my room was covered with vines and succulents. I was having a great time.

Two-bit decided to come check it out

"It looks like a forest threw up in here." He said.

"Excuse me! I take offense to that. It took me awhile to do this." I said.