chapter twenty two

Izzy's POV

I knew I was going to have to go back home at some point. But I didn't want to do it right now.

After school I went straight to Buck's place and into Dallas' room. He was watching T.V. when I walked in.

"Hey Dally." I said.

"Hey babydoll. You look tired." He said.

"Not tired, just sad."

"Are you gonna tell me what happened? You don't have to if you don't want to."

"After you left, Two-bit hit me. Right across the face. All I did was try to tell him to calm down because he was screaming at me. He tried to apologize but I just ran out the door. I came here. Don't know why, just felt the instinct." I said, trying to not cry.

"Oh, come here." Dallas said before pulling me into a hug. I felt safe with Dallas.

We stayed like that for a few minutes before Dal broke the silence.

"You want to spend the night here again? It's fine with me. You can stay as long as you need." He said.

"I don't know. Obviously I'm gonna have to go back at some point, but I just don't want to talk to him. I never thought he would try to harm me." I said.

"That's what alcohol does to people." Dallas said. I thought he drank though.

"I thought you drank?" I said.

"One year sober, Miss Priss."

"Aw, Dal pal. Good for you." I said, smiling at him.

He gave me the biggest smile I'd ever seen. It was like he was satisfied, as if he was waiting for someone to be proud of him.

 It was like he was satisfied, as if he was waiting for someone to be proud of him

I spent the night at Dallas' again. We slept in the same bed. Dallas is pretty hot. I was looking at him while he was asleep. I know I'm dating Soda and all, but that doesn't mean I can't admire people.

I fell asleep but this time I set an alarm for 6:30 A.M. on Dally's clock.

This time, when I woke up I wasn't rushed. Dallas woke up from the alarm clock too. He gave me some makeup he "found."

"You just found it?" I asked him.

"Yeah, man. Just saw it lying on the floor or somethin'." He said.

The makeup was brand new. It hadn't been opened. Dallas had bought it for me. How adorable.

I got ready and wore the same pair of shorts but Dallas gave me one of his t-shirts to wear. It was huge on me, but I could pull off the "lazy" look.

"Bye Dallas, I'm leaving!" I yelled.

"I'll walk you to school." He said.

"No you don't have to do that, really." I pleaded with him.