chapter thirteen

Izzy's POV

I woke up in someone's arms.

"Hey Izzy. Sorry, did I wake you?" Soda said. He was carrying me.

"No, no. Where are we going?" I said, yawning.

"My house. Two-bit said you could spend the night but only if you slept on the couch. I can't let you do that though. I'll sleep on the couch, and you can sleep on my bed." Soda said.

"That's real sweet Soda, but please don't sleep on the couch." I said.

"You can't resist me, can you?" He said, winking.

"I can." I said, half asleep.

Soda giggled. And I mean giggled. And that shit was cute.

I snuggled my head into his chest and eventually fell back asleep. I woke up again when he was putting me into the bed.

"If you need clothes, you can borrow one of my t-shirts." He said.

I held my hand out to indicate I wanted one, but he threw it at my face. I stuck up my middle finger and began to change. Soda didn't bother turning around. I took off my pants and I was beginning to take off my shirt when I saw him with his eyes wide.

"Enjoying the view?" I asked.

"Actually, yes." He said.

"Too bad. Turn around." I said and he frowned and turned away.

I put his shirt on and crawled into the bed. He went out to watch T.V. with Darry and Pony for a little bit. When they were all heading to bed, I heard them talking.

"Soda, you can sleep in that bed but if I hear the mattress squeaking I swear to-" Soda cut Darry off.

"Darry! She's knocked out. I'm not gonna do that!" I couldn't help but laugh.

Soda came in a few minutes later and laid down next to me. I turned toward him, and didn't say anything, but just stuck my face in his chest and began to fall alseep. He wrapped his arms around me and laid his chin on my head.

"Goodnight." I said.

"Goodnight, I love you." He whispered ever so slightly, and I couldn't hear him. I heard goodnight, but the rest was muffled. I guess I'll never know.

☀ ☀ ☀

I woke up and heard someone chuckling.

"Love birds!" Someone yelled.

I looked over and Soda was still asleep. I could barely open my eyes cause the room was so bright but I looked over and saw Steve and Dallas laughing their asses off.

Anyone who knows me knows that I do not like to be woken up. I wake up on my own. I am a huge grump in the morning, especially when I didn't get enough sleep.

"Leave." I said.

"Oh, is Miss Priss tired? I'm sowwy." Dallas said, talking like a baby.

"Dallas I swear to God I will chop off your dick in a hot minute and choke you with it and you know I will." I said. Steve was literally rolling on the ground cause he was laughing so hard.

"Uh... um.. I'm sorry. C'mon Steve, let's go." Dallas said, with his eyes big. Dallas was funny, none of the gang talked back to him but me. And he listened to me too.

Dallas and Steve left the room. I turned to face Soda and he was already looking at me and smiling.

"Tuff." He said, laughing.

"I don't like being woken up." I said, chuckling.

"Really? Couldn't tell." He said, and I nudged him in the side and got up.

I realized I had thrown everything on the ground so I started to pick my stuff up when I remembered I wasn't wearing pants. I was wearing underwear, but Soda was still getting the full view. He was just sitting there with his eyes wide.

"Soda, you're so full of it. Can I get some privacy for ten seconds around here?" I said, laughing.

"You.. have.. nice.. butt.." Soda said, not blinking.

I threw a shirt at Soda and went to the bathroom to freshen up. I found my shorts and sweatshirt from last night and just threw those on. I went out to the living room afterward for breakfast.

"Izzy, is Soda in there?" Two-bit said. Oh boy. He's gonna freak if he knows we slept in the same bed.

"Yeah." I said.

"What did I tell you? Did you- I mean.. Please tell me you guys didn't.." Two-bit said quickly.

"Two-bit! We weren't kicking it at 3 A.M. last night. Happy?" I said, making the gang laugh.

"Very." He said, wiping his forehead.

We all watched the T.V. and ate cake for breakfast when Ponyboy and Johnny walked in.

"Where were you guys?" I asked.

"We were, um, just on a walk." Johnny said nervously.

"Okay.." I knew something was up.

After we finished breakfast we decided we wanted to go to the lake (Soda and I's not-so-secret hangout.)

I changed into my bikini and a cover up, grabbed my flip flops and sunglasses, and we all hopped into Darry's truck.

When we got to the lake, it was around 12 P.M. My priorities were set to tan for a few hours and then maybe get in the lake. We all hopped out of the truck, some of the gang grabbed some beers, and we walked down to the lake. I don't drink, so I had a Pepsi.. After I grabbed the Pepsi can I just looked at Soda and started laughing. Anything Pepsi related reminds me of him. It's our little inside joke.

Once we were by the lake I took off my cover-up and the entire gang stared at me. Except for Two-bit. Darry tried not to look, but Dallas, Soda, and Steve didn't bother pretending not to stare. Johnny and Ponyboy looked like deer in the headlights, it was real cute. Wasn't quite sure what they were looking at though. My boobs are about as flat as a piece of paper.

"Y'all ought to catch flies if you don't close your mouths." I said, laughing.

I laid out my towel and lay down. Soda stayed with me, but the rest of the gang went into the water.

"Soda you can go swimming. I'm fine up here." I said.

"You sure?" He said.

"I'm sure."

Soda went into the water and I stayed and tanned for a couple hours. The gang came up to eat lunch around 2.

"What'd you pack for lunch?" Johnny asked.

"I got sandwiches. Four ham, four turkey. Get whichever you want. Drinks in the cooler, chips in the bag next to my truck." Darry said, pointing toward the truck.

I grabbed a turkey sandwich and had taken my first bite when I heard someone scream.

;;;;;

cliffhanger!!! btw THANK YOU SO SO MUCH for 300 reads that's actually crazy and i love you guys a lot ok bye