Chapter 4: Welcome to the Big City

As Rick and Indigo entered the roof, a man with a sniper rifle was shooting at walkers in the street below killing them. Indigo just stared at him in disbelief.

"Hey, Merle, are you crazy?!" T-Dog yelled, Merle just laughed hysterically and continued shooting.

"Is he okay?" Indi asked looking up at Rick who questioned the man's mentality himself.

Andrea just shook her head, "Oh jeez."

Merle stopped shooting at the walkers turning his attention towards the group. "Hey! Y'all be more polite to a man with a gun! Only common sense."

T-Dog waved at Merles sniper, "Man, you wasting bullets we ain't even got!" Merle laughed again, ignorantly this time, "And you're bringing even more of them down on our ass! Man, just chill!"

Merle had enough now, looking him dead in the eye, "Hey! Bad enough I've got this taco-bender on my ass all day." Merle stated waving at Morale with his sniper then back at T-Dog, "Now I'm gonna take orders from you? I don't think so, bro. That'll be the day."

Indigo slipped her hand into Ricks scared by the tension between the two men.

'That'll be the day?' You got something you want to tell me?" T-Dog spat at Merle who clearly found the situation amusing. Morales stepped in front of T-Dog.

"Hey, T-Dog man, just leave it." He said patting the man's shoulder but T-Dog eyed down Merle angrily.

"No."

Morales remained in front of T-Dog, "Alright? It ain't worth it." Morales turned towards Merle trying to drop the tension, "Now Merle, just relax, okay? We've got enough trouble."

Merle chuckled and eyed T-Dog, "You want to know the day?"

"Yeah." T-Dog stated trying to hold himself back.

"I'll tell you the day, Mr. 'Yo'. It's the day I take orders from a nigger."

T-Dog launched himself at Merle, the two men fighting as Indigo watched in horror.

"Hey, come on, Merle. That's enough!" Morales yelled out trying to stop the two.

"Come on, Dixon." Andrea yelled at Merle but the two men continued to wrestle beating eachother.

"Whoa, cut it out man!" Morales yelled as Indi tugged at Rick.

"Do something, Rick!" She cried horrified by the aggression the two man showed.

"Stop it! Dixon, you're gonna hurt him." Andrea pleaded Merle but he continued to beat T-Dog to a pulp, pulling out a pistol on him making everyone stop.

"Rick!" Indi pleaded the man fear creeping into her blue eyes. Rick knew he couldn't react yet, it would put the lives of everyone especially Indigo in danger.

"No, no, please. Please!" Andrea cried placing out her hands.

"There's a god damn kid here, Merle!" Jacqui cried out. Merles attention turned towards the new faces. Indigo hid behind Rick as Merle waved the gun in the air.

"Ya' not scared are you, sweetheart" Merle chuckled at Indi who didn't answer and he pointed the gun back at T-Dog who was struggling under his grasp. "Ya'! All right! We're gonna have ourselves a little powwow, huh? Talk about who's in charge. I vote me. Any body else? Huh?"

The group remained silent scared to anger the man anymore out of fear for their friends life.

"Democracy time, y'all. How about a show of hands, huh? All in favour? Huh? Come on. Let's see 'em." Merle repeated displaying his insanity even more, "Now that means I'm the boss, right? Yeah. Anybody else? Hmm? Anybody?" Merle spat as Rick leaped forward.

"Yeah..."

Rick hit Merle over the top of his head with a pipe. As Merle recovered from the hit, Rick proceeded to handcuff Merle to a pipe on the roof.

"Who the hell are you, man?" Merle groaned in anger as Rick leaned in towards Merle.

"Officer Friendly. Look here, Merle. Things are different now. There are no niggers anymore. No dumb-as-shit, inbred white-trash fools either. Only dark meat and white meat. There's us and the dead. We survive this by pulling together, not apart."

Indigo went over to help T-Dog who was clearly bleeding everywhere. He smiled softly at the girl as Jacqui and Andrea came over to them as the scene between Rick and Merle now unfolded.

"Screw you, man."

"I can see you make a habit of missing the point." Rick stated.

"Yeah? Well, screw you twice." Merle said eyeing Rick angrily clearly uncomfortable being handcuffed.

Rick looks at Merle using his own words against him, "Ought to be polite to a man with a gun." He cocks his gun. "Only common sense."

"You wouldn't. You're a cop." The Dixon spat at Rick.

"All I am anymore is a man looking for his wife and son and protecting this little girl. Anybody that gets in the way of that is gonna lose." Rick said angrily, "I'll give you a moment to think about that." Merle wiped the blood off his face smearing it.

"What are you gonna do? Arrest me?" Merle chuckles. Rick grabs something out of his pocket, "Hey! What are you doing?"

Rick gets up walking away throwing it over the edge of the building as Merle yells at him, "Man, that was my stuff! Hey! If I get loose, you'd better pray...yeah, you hear me, you pig?! You hear me?!"

"Yeah, your voice carries." Rick replied grabbing Indigos hand as they walked to the opposite side of the rooftop. Indigo looked back at handcuffed man who was still yelling at Rick.

"Do you hear me, you filthy pig?!"

Morales followed behind them, "You're not Atlanta P.D. Where you from?"

Rick pointed back the way they came. "Up the road a ways. Same with the girl." Indigo smiled at him. They all looked out over the walker filled city.

"Well, officer friendly from up the road a ways, welcome to the big city."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

a/n:

As I've wrote the last few chapters, I know there isn't much character development on Indigo so far but over time it'll show. Also do ya'll like the added gifs? I'm trying to add more visual aspects in my story haha. Please leave a vote and comment if you like my story so far, thanks again for reading. 😄