Chapter 32: Women and Guns

"Hey." Shane said walking past Indigo who was holding the gun Rick gave to her. It was heavy and it was great having something to defend herself with but at the same time she felt a sense of fear because of it. She hated that she lived in a world where this is what she needed to survive because one day Rick won't be there for her.

"Hey." She replied unimpressed by his presence.

"Ever fire one before?" Shane asked noticing the weapon in her hand.

She shook her head, "No. My parents wouldn't want me to."

"Your parents aren't here." That caused Indigo to look at Shane dead in the eye. She felt like crying right after hearing that, this guy had the nerve. He shifted the rifle he was carrying realising what he had just said, "Why don't you come train tomorrow? If you're serious, I'm a certified instructor."

Indigo slipped the gun in her pouch that Daryl had made for grabbing her bag, "no thanks."

She really did want to go but she wasn't giving Shane the opportunity to win her over. He was hiding something about Otis and she would find out one way or another.

Shane sighed watching the girl walk away. I guess being shot really does have an effect on a person, let alone a kid of her age. He was surprised Hershel hadn't chewed Ricks head off for having a gun around the farm still, let alone an eight year old and what happened with the barn full of walkers.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Glenn fiddled with his cap thinking back to the store. A simple list had turned into unintended sex with Hershel's daughter and looking for Lori's item which she continued to call 'women hygiene'.

"You know, we still have 11 condoms." Maggie smirked.

"You see 11 condoms, I see 11 minutes of my life I'm never getting back."

"It wasn't that bad, was it?"

"Look, I don't even know if I like you."

"But you're thinking about it."

"You should."

Glenn shook his head at the thoughts of Maggie, he still couldn't believe he did it. He sighed placing on his cap listening to his sneakers crunch in the dirt. He passed Andrea who was being her usual stubborn self, let alone always looking for an argument, no offence to her. That exact moment however Lori caught his attention, he turned towards her quickly, her hand suddenly pushing him away.

"Mind your own business, Glenn." Lori snapped causing a nearby Indigo and Carl to notice their little conversation. Indigo was about to sneak away to see what they were talking about when Carl all of a sudden slapped her hard on the back.

"TaG! yOure it!" He squeaked running away as the girl sprinted after him.

"You're so gonna' geddit!"

"You're pregnant." Glenn whispered, his voice filled with worry. Lori looked around nervously nudging him behind the stable.

Before speaking again she took one last look behind her, "You can't tell anybody, okay?"

"You haven't told him yet?" Glenn said and Lori felt like breaking down right there and then. How could she tell him...especially when Shane had been in the picture before she found out her husband wasn't actually dead.