Chapter 7: Mermaid

T-Dogs P.O.V.

"Anybody out there?" T-Dog spoke into the radio, "Hello? Anybody read? I'm hoping to hear somebody's voice 'cause I'm getting sick and tired of hearing mine."

"Yeah, well, that makes two of us."

T-Dog looked up from the radio and towards Merle who had another go at him.

"Why don't you knock that crap off? You're giving me a headache, boy."

T-Dog clenched his teeth holding himself back from sending a punch towards Merles already bloody face, "Why don't you pull your head out of your ass? Maybe your headache will go away."

Merles face breaks out into a smirk then he chuckles.

"Try some positivity for a change. Damn." T-Dog sighed shaking his head exhausted from the Dixon's attitude.

" I'll tell you what..." Merle stated shaking the cuff which led T-Dogs eyes towards the man's wrist stuck to the pipe, "You get me out of these cuffs and I'll be all "Sammy Sunshine" positive for you."

T-Dog still wasn't having it as Merle nodded towards the tool bag, "Hey, see that hacksaw over there in that toolbag? Get it for me, hmm? Make it worth your while. What do you say, man? Come on. Get me out of these things."

"So you can beat my ass again? Or call me nigger some more?"

"Come on now. It wasn't personal." Merle replied clearly struggling with his current sitting position, "It's just that your kind and my kind ain't meant to mix. That's all. It doesn't mean we can't...work together, parley, as long as there's some kind of mutual gain involved. So... about that hacksaw..."

T-Dog eyed the hacksaw then the rifle, "I guess you want me to get that rifle over there too so you can shoot that cop when he comes back up, huh?"

Merle stared at the man, "Huh."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Glenn's P.O.V.

Glenn walked along the sewer beside Morales, their boots splashing against the wet pavement. So far they hadn't seen any way out until they reached a grate.

"Yeah, we've got ourselves a sewer tunnel. Jacqui was right." Morales said analysing the grate wondering if they'd be able to get through.

"Can we cut through it?" Glenn asked Morales as he felt it.

"Maybe, if we had a blow torch and half a day, sure." Morales replied, Glenn biting his lip in thought, "Dales hacksaw sure as hell wouldn't do it."

The two men went to see if they could find a better way to get through when a walker appeared at the grate eating a rat. The two men jumped back as the walker tried grabbing at them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rick sat with Indigo rubbing his hand through his hair.

"Are you okay?" Indi asked the man who was clearly stressed.

"Yeah, I'm okay, sweety." Rick smiled at the small girl who was concerned for him, "Just a little stressed is all."

"About your wife and son?"

"Yea, about my wife and son." Rick replied softly in thought.

"We'll find them, Rick." Indigo smiled giving him Bear, "I promise."

Rick felt his heart melt at the girls words. For eight, she truly made this hell of a world feel better, "Thankyou, Indigo."

Rick hugged the small girl back as he spotted Andrea again looking at some jewellery. Rick placed Bear beside the little girl as she focused back on her colouring book. He then got up and approached the blonde woman who was deeply concentrated on a mermaid necklace on the counter.

"See something you like?"

Andrea smiled, "Not me, but I know someone who would...my sister." She chuckled, "She's still such a kid in some ways. Unicorns, Dragons...she's into all that stuff but Mermaids...they rule. She loves mermaids."

Rick smiled at Andreas love for her sister, "Why not take it?"

"There's a cop staring at me."

Rick laughs at her comment then checks back on the small girl.

"She your little girl?" Andrea asked curiously.

"No...I found the poor girl in a car, walkers all around her." Rick shakes his head. "I think her parents might be...gone."

"Poor thing..." Andrea is saddened by that as she looks at him, "well she needs you now more then ever, just remember that."

"I will, Thankyou."

"So, uh, would it still be considered looting?" Andrea asked eyeing the necklace as Rick shrugged.

"I don't think those rules apply anymore? Do you?" Asked Rick but before Andrea could reply glass shattered across the front of the store. Indigo screamed out of fear as walkers started flooding in. Rick moved quickly grabbing the screaming child, checking her for any cuts. "Are you okay?" The girl nodded as Rick quickly grabbed her bag then picking her up pointing his gun at the Walkers.

Andrea moved towards the pair as Glenn and Morales joined them.

"What did you find down there?" Rick asked the other two men who looked at each other.

"Not a way out." Morales replied.

Walkers growled angrily as Andrea eyed them, "Well, we need to find a way out...and soon."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

a/n:

I can't believe how many of you have read and voted on my book! Thankyou, it really means a lot. Hope you enjoyed this chapter. :)