Chapter 36: 18 Miles Out

"Where are you going?!" Indigo raced after Rick as fast as her little legs could carry her.

"Out."

"What why?" She asked eagerly, "Can I come?"

"No." He responded. Indigo stopped in her tracks.

"Oh come on." She took one last step before Rick turned towards her.

"I'm serious Indi. You are to stay here with Lori and Carl."

Indigo was instantly defeated by his words, they were all she ever heard. Don't do this, don't do that, she was over it.

"Fine..."

Before she could even try and sneak into the car, she was already watching the vehicle drive down the dirt road out of view. She slumped herself over near Carl, "do you know where they're going?"

"Dad said I shouldn't tell you..."

"Ricks not here so tell me." She said then smirked, "or I'll beat you up like last time."

Carl grinned, "you barely even beat me up."

"That's not what it looked like when you were cryin' like a lil' baby."

Carl groaned, "Fine, they're taking that guy you all brought back somewhere far away."

Indigo eyed the ground, "what?!"

"Yeah...why do you know him?"

Indigo chose to not answer that as she got up, "I'm just gonna um sit at our tent, I'm not feeling well."

"Do you want me to get Lori?" Concern slithering into his voice.

Indigo waved her hands, "no..nono. I'm fine, I just need space."

Carl nodded his head softly as the small girl made her way away from him. She was nervous about this situation. She just hoped that Randell wasn't still linked to her brother. She stared at the road, she could run after them but then that would be stupid but when didn't she do stupid shit. She sprinted inside past Lori, "ILL BE BACK LATER!"

"huh?" Lori stared at her, "and where do you think you're going."

"I'm going after Rick!"

"Indigo, way to be discreet." Maggie giggled, "it's called sneaking out, not telling the world where you're going."

Indigo got flustered, "oh, well, I'm going out."

Lori grabbed Indigos bag as the little girl clung onto it, "Indigo, let go, honey."

"No."

"Indigo..."

She let go of it hesitantly, "They can't kill him."

"Can't kill who, sweety?"

"Randell." Indigo whimpered.

"Oh, honey, they aren't killing him. They are just taking him far away so that he can't find us again."

"It's not him finding us again I'm worried about." Indigo cried, "it's the others he was with before." She muttered the last part.