Chapter 35: Drama

Indigo sat by their tent, her head resting in her hands as she stared off into space.

"You okay?" Daryl mumbled.

"Yeah.."

In reality, she wasn't okay. She knew that boy from back at the bar, she didn't even know if he was okay. No one would tell her anything. Daryl felt the urge to comfort her as he looked at the fragile girl, to tell her things would get better, but he knew that wasn't the case and this world was full of lies, he didn't want to lie to her too. Indigo listened to the crunches of Daryl's boots as he made his way away from her. She suddenly over heard Lori and Shane from behind the tent and Rick walking away in a pretty fast pace. She crawled over and peeked out watching them but she only got to hear the last of the conversation.

"-I gotta make sure the baby's all right, okay?" Shane managed to say before Carl stumbled forward.

"You're having a baby?"

The two of them shot glances at him then at each other. Indigo had completely forgotten about Lori being pregnant, at least now she didn't have to hide it from Carl.

"Why didn't you tell me?" He asked quietly, a little offended that they had kept this from him.

Lori sighed taking her sons hand giving one last glance towards Shane. Indigo sensed they weren't on the exact same page right now. Indigo quickly scurried back to where she was sitting as the two came closer, "I am so sorry that I left without telling you."

"It's okay. I wasn't scared." She heard Carl reply, "When's dad getting back?"

"Let's hope soon."

"I wanna be there when you tell him about the baby." Carl said excitedly.

"Oh, love, he already knows." Lori fell quiet, "We were just trying to find the right time to tell you."

The two now passed by Indigo who pretended she hadn't heard them.

"Hey, Indigo." Carl smiled, "Mums, having a baby!"

Lori shot an awkward glance as Indigo threw her best smirk, "oh cool." She knew, obviously, but she didn't want Carl to know that, he would be annoyed she knew before him, but that was only because she happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Lori held out her free hand, "C'mon Indi, I suppose you have questions aswell."

Indigo took Lori's hand hesitantly not sure if she wanted to face this awkward situation but she was curious. They sat down by a tree where it was quiet.

"Is it a boy or a girl?" Carl wondered aloud.

Lori smiled, "Well, we won't know that until it's born."

Indigo peeked up a little bit, "Will I be able to feel it?"

"Not for a while." Lori explained, "You both must have a lot of questions, huh? We never really had the talk. I guess we forgot."

"What's the talk?" Indi asked, her parents had never mentioned anything about a talk. Carl looked at his mother for answers.

"Don't look at me." Lori chuckled, "That's your father's job. Indi on the other hand, you still have to wait a bit."

Indigo scrunched her face in confusion but knew she wouldn't get answers even if she tried. It went quiet for a brief moment before Carl piped up, "If the baby's a girl, can we name her Sophia?"