She has your eyes.

{{Edited - 12/05/2020}}

^Gracie's PoV^

We'd arrived at the hospital not even 20 minutes later. I was in the middle of my first contraction.

Frankie was telling me to breathe and I had Elvis, Ollie and Georgie looking at me eyes full of concern.

It was short but painful, I took a few deep breaths.

"You lot better look less terrified and more excited, you have roles now, as of today you'll be Uncles and George you'll be an Auntie. But also, I have one question...me and Frankie decided that we want you to be Lilly's godparents too." I say as Frankie's hand tightened around mine.

Our decision was solid, we wouldn't want anyone else to watch over our daughter and raise her if the worst happened.

"We'd love to! Gosh Gracie, I'm going to cry!" Ollie's voice broke the delicate barrier of silence.

Once we had all composed ourselves to a certain degree we left the car, and every step towards the entrance of the hospital made it more real.

"I want you all in the room with me when it's time but to start with I want Frankie, then he'll swap with Georgie, then Elvis and then Ollie. Because I know it's strictly only one person, and for one specific person to be in there for however long won't be very good for either of us." I say to Ollie, Elvis and Georgie. They all nod.

"Are you ready angel?" Frankie asks and I nod, his lips leave a kiss on the side of my forehead.

"Let's get this show on the road." I say and this was the last time I'd be in the big wide world alone. For the next time I'd be walking out of this hospital I'd be carrying my daughter.

-/-/-

Labour. Is. The. WORST!

I was 9 hours in, barely 6cm dilated and I was an angry shouting mess of hormones.

How in the world was I meant to give birth to a human?

I walked around the room, paced to be more accurate, and groaned as another contraction hit me.

I planted my feet firmly on the linoleum floor, and used the bed as I leaned down, the current person who was in the room with me was Ollie.

"Just breathe Gracie, it's going to be over soon, just take deep breaths." He says rubbing my lower back.

"You try breathing!" I snapped rather forcefully. But instantly my expression softened and all my anger washed away.

"I'm sorry Ol. It just really really hurts and I want it to stop." I say and then my bottom lip trembles and the dam behind my eyes breaks. Water comes in floods.

I'd said no pain relief either, I was too scared I'd hurt Lilly and also, I wanted to experience the whole thing, pain and all.

"Shh, don't apologise. I'd be doing much more than snapping if I had to do what you are right now, I'm so proud of you lil sis." Ollie's words calmed me and once my contraction was over he pulled me into a hug.

"I've annoyed you too much Ol, send someone else in. Maybe get some rest? Or call Marie." I say with a wink. I knew that they were dating though Ollie had never really let anything slide. I however, was his sister and knew him too well.

I saw his cheeks flush.

"Yeah..m-maybe I will." He exited the room and the next person to walk through the door was not someone she knew it was her doctor. Doctor Lily Watson.

She got her latex gloves on and I laid on the bed, it'd been just over an hour since my last examination and I hoped I'd at least moved it along a bit. Even one centimetre would feel like progress.