35 - see you there

"I can't believe I finally get to see you today."

"Pretty exciting, huh?"

"Everything ok? You sound...sad."

"I'm just nervous. No one has ever asked me to something like this before, as I'm sure you already know."

"It'll be ok. We don't have to dance if you don't want to."

"Then what will we do?"

"Well, I heard there's gonna be some kick ass punch. Drink some of that and catch up."

"August....?"

"Yeah?"

"Uh..t-thank you for all of this. Before the whole wrong number thing, I kinda got depressed. During my relationship with Danny...towards the end, it changed. He changed, actually."

"What do you mean?"

"He wanted...more from me, but I wasn't ready. He got really..."

"I swear if he fucking touched you—"

"No. I stopped him a few times."

"Why didn't you break up with that piece of shit after that happened?"

"Because I thought I was in love. I thought that we could work through some of our differences. Now I know I have no idea what love is."

"I think I experienced love...a long time ago."

"Oh? With who?"

"But then again, I was a child. Guess neither of us truly had someone we could rely on to get rid of our pain."

"..."

"We can rely on each other. You know? Be there for one another, be each other's best friends...like how it use to be."

"Actually, I had something else in mind."

"What?"

"I'll tell you when we meet. I've got a surprise for you—two technically. Two surprises."

"Really?"

"Yes really."

"Ok."

"See you there, Auddie."