36 - the dance

Audrey's heart palpitations as judgmental eyes begin skimming over her body. She looks down and walks through the sea of teenagers that threatens to swallow her whole. Whispers make their way across the room.

"Why is she bald?"

"That was a poor choice of a hair cut."

"Cancer lookin' ass..."

Despite these insults and accusations, the only thing Audrey can think about is August and how he'll react when he sees her.

Music controls everyone in the room, having their bodies jump to the beat. Some move away from Audrey, depicting the state she's in as some contagious disease. There are too many faces, too many arms pushing, shoving past her.

Just then, a voice calls out from the crowd. "Auddie!"

She looks up and locks gaze with a familiar green eyed boy. Her heart beats even faster as they begin closing distance. August's suit matches her purple satin dress perfectly, as do the flowers in his left hand. He smiles causing both dimples to deepen.

The music gets louder now, throbbing in head. Audrey tries to speed up but the world starts to spin.

He is three feet away when her knees buckle. She utters a single word before crumbling to the ground.

"August..."

*

Sorry for the short chapter. I'm not sure what else I could have done with it but the last couple will be longer (I hope).
Also, dedication goes to RaquelGirl2 and Nycll06 for their similar ideas of the end.
Comment what you thought of this descriptive chapter and anything you might want to be implemented into the next one.
❤️