Chapter 20

Two weeks passed, Azee had little Roman with her at all times. If she needed a break, she would have Thierry look after him as she went to do her business, but other than that he was in her arms at all times. As the bond between her and her newborn son grew so did her and her wolf's. They worked as a team when it came to caring for their babe and/or reprimanding their mate if Thierry wasn't being careful with Roman. As the full moon grew closer, Azee was becoming more aggressive and her eyes glowed a blue luminescent color; they would get brighter as the full moon drew closer. At one point, Azee wouldn't let anyone get within 10 yards of her & Roman.

Erik had been distant because he hadn't heard from Bella and Vlad wanted to calm him but didn't know how, so he did what he does best. Work. Things around the hybrids died downed but it still left the whole royal family nervous with every sound. Mercy grew to trust and love Remmy more, spending all her time with him. Mercy gave up her foolish idea to have a child right away. She just wanted to be with her mate, not worrying about something else. Mercy however would try to get close to Roman and Azee but after a near bite from her aunt, she dared not get close again.

Azee was feeling paranoid to a point she didn't feel Roman was safe with her anymore. She called for Thierry, needing him to take care of Roman for a while until the full moon. "Thierry?!"

Thierry came running in "What?" He asked looking around for any signs of danger.

Azee handed their son to her mate, "You're going to have to care for him, until the full moon. I don't trust to not hurt him by accident." Azee said.

Thierry took Roman in his arms, "You wouldn't harm your own son." He said softly.

Mercy woke up from her nap. "Can you teach me some of those spells. I want to learn how to protect myself, I mean I don't want to get taken again."

Azee folded her arms, "I want to believe that, but I'm scared with my behavior as I approach closer to the full moon." She murmured.

Thierry pulled Azee towards him, holding her in a hug "Your wolf would stop you before you would harm him." Thierry kissed her cheek.

The messenger walked slowly up the castle stairs. He really didn't want to be there, but he had to deliver a letter. He stopped in front of the large door and knocked three times, he stepped back after he was done knocking.

Azee looked down at their beautiful child, she could never hurt her little Roman. 'He is right, your mother instincts will overpower even the most negative emotions.' Her wolf Alara spoke. Azee gently took Roman back into her arms. Immediately her senses were alert. "Someone's at the door." she said softly, holding the babe close to her.

Erik jerked his head out of the book he was skimming. "Did you hear something?" Vlad didn't bother looking up. "Yes." Erik put the book down and walked down to the door. "Yes?"

The messenger stepped back when the door opened, "A letter from Princess Annabella, sir." He said handing the letter over. "Erik and Vlad will handle it, let's just spend some time together." Thierry said, he had already sensed the person around the castle and he wasn't a worry.

Azee relaxed, "Ok." she said with a smile. She went into Thierry's arms, looking up at him with love in her eyes, before looking down at their son. "You think he'll make a good Alpha one day?" she asked.

Thierry nodded, "With the correct training, yes. He will make a great Alpha."

"Yeah! It's from Bella! It says she has some news to tell us, but she doesn't know how." Erik came running in the office, flinging the letter around. "Where is she? She should be here now." Vlad again didn't look up. "Maybe she can't." Erik flopped down in a chair.