the coming out

Peter was shaking

Peter was shaking. He couldn't do this. Everyone would hate him.

Clint squeezed him tighter, rocking him back and forth gently. He tried to breath deeper, but his lungs didn't want to work for some stupid reason. His fingers were white from how hard he was gripping Clint's shirt.

"Peter, you don't have to tell them if you don't want to-"

"They're find out one way or the other-"

"But they don't have to today. And if this is too much for you, I can help."

"No- no. I can do this."

"Are you sure?"

"Positive." Peter forced a smile and Clint returned one just as strained. He pressed a kiss to the kid's head. "I'm proud of you"

Clint stood up and ruffled his hair, smiling softly. "I'll go get everyone in the living room."

"Thank you."

He slipped on a nice patterned button up and some jeans paired with his red converse after struggling with his binder. He breathed in and out deeply, his hands shaking. He didn't want to bother his friends, but god he'd love some comfort in this ridiculous scenario. 

He struggled opening his phone with his shaky hands before starting a group Face Call (thank you, StarkPhones). Ned picked up, already working at his computer, MJ picked up mid-workout, and Cooper's camera was about three inches from his face while he was searching for his glasses, contacts too hard to put in at the moment.

Also, Cooper with glasses? Peter is the gayest boy alive.

"Hey, guys, how do I look?" Peter turned around the camera, showing off his outfit in the mirror.

MJ whistled. "Got a hot date or something, Parker?"

"I'm about to come out to my family."

"What the fuck? You haven't came out to the Avengers yet?" Ned asked, looking away from his program.

"No! They're all cis guys just freaking sweating testosterone! It's kinda terrifying!"

"You'll be fine, Petey," Cooper grumbled, still half asleep. "If they don't accept you, I'll just kidnap you, don't worry."

Peter rolled his eyes, still smiling through, ears turning pink.

"Mister Parker. Mister Barton has requested your presence in the living room."

Cooper noticeably tensed up at the last name Barton, but no one payed attention.

"Okay, Fri. I'll be there in a second! Thanks guys, I gotta go!"

Peter hung up, throwing his phone back onto his bed before jogging to the living room to see all the Avengers, minus Rhodey, who was back on duty. And this made Peter even more nervous since Sam just looked super pissed off, Bucky sitting next to him. Clint claimed a seat between Bucky and Natasha, shooting Peter a double thumbs up and a stupid smile. Tony just looked really worried, anxiously gnawed on his thumb nail. Peter shot him a smile and Tony forced one back.

"S-So, um, th-there's something I need to say?"

"Are you pregnant, young Peter?" Thor rumbled.

Bruce mumbled to him, "No, Thor, boys can't get pregnant."

"Oh, yes! Continue, young Peter!"

"Th-There was a thing on the TV a-and it was on a rumor show b-b-ut it was true a-and-" Peter took a deep breath in. "I-I'm tr-trans."

Thor raised his hand, only to be pushed down by Bruce.

"What is trans?"

"It's the thing I am, Thor," Bruce whispered. Peter perked up at this. The Bruce Banner was a freaking trans guy?

"Oh! So... is it Madame Parker-Stark?"

"N-No! It's still Peter. I'm a trans guy."

Tony opened and closed his mouth like a fish before promptly standing up and leaving the room. Clint's cheeks puffed out. "I'll go talk to him, Peter."

Clint ruffled his hair and kept walking. Bruce smiled at Peter and patted the seat next to him. "C'mon. Let's talk."

~!~

"Stark!" Clint snapped, stomping after Tony. Tony ignored him and kept walking down to the lab. "Stark! Hold the hell up!"

"What?" Tony huffed.

"You're son just fucking came out to you, and you just walk away?"

"I'm processing."

"And Peter's probably up there about to throw up 'cause his own dad doesn't accept him."

"I do accept him!"

"Then why aren't you up there, confirming you still fucking love him? Do you know how absolutely terrified he was to come out to you guys? He's had three panic attacks in the past twelve hours."

"Then why didn't he come get me?"

"'Cause he didn't want to bother you and fuckin' Rogers! And I was the only one up and I saw that bullshit on TV so I had to help him."

"Get off your high and mighty horse, Barton."

"No, listen to me for once, Stark-"

"Just because you fucked up your family doesn't mean you get to stick your nose into mine."

Clint balled his fists up. Don't punch him, don't punch him, don't punch him, Barton.

"You know, when was the last time you even saw them?"

Clint socked him in the jaw.

"Never talk about my kids again, if you know what's good for you, Stark." Clint stalked off back to the living room. Peter was talked quickly to Bruce, Clint picking up quick words of talk about transitioning.

Nat walked up to him. "Stark being a dick?"

"Yeah. He's quote-unquote 'Processing.' And also being a dick."

"He mentioned... them... didn't he?"

"Yeah. Just... tell Pete he's allowed to have people over, I'm going to go punch shit downstairs."