2.4 The Unwanted (2)

At one of the many private courtyards for the concubines of Emperor Zuo's harem.

The day had not turned dark yet for intimate physical pleasures that would normally occur between two people. However, a lascivious moan of a woman filled the silence of a room.

The bed creaked with every inaudible grunt and push from a man on top of the woman's alluring body, eliciting more whimpering and moans from her enticing red lips.

Despite how the woman was evidently enjoying the pleasure from her wanton expression and her eyes that had already rolled back due to the ecstasy, the man's dark eyebrows were tightly knitted and his expression was flat, as if the pleasure he was seeking from the woman underneath him was but a conquest. Nevertheless, he concentrated on thrusting his hips harder, faster, into the tightness of the woman's already drenched womanhood.

Finally, he trembled slightly, releasing his heavy load into the woman, causing her to also shudder and reach her own peak of pleasure. With her release, she let out a charming high-pitched scream, calling the man's name,

"Zuo JinLong~!"(1)

She did not get to relax her feverish body and her clenching tightness that had suddenly been deprived of his manhood when a hand suddenly wrapped tightly around her neck.

She clawed at empty air and the linen of the bed, gasping for breath. Her initially charming and lewd facial expression turned rigid, her initial pleasure was all forgotten, her face drained of any color. The pain in her lungs due to the lack of air and the constricting hand around her throat sent warning signals to her brain.

She wanted to cry but no tears would come out. She did not understand what she had done or had said wrong. After all, this man had shown her so much favor in the past few months, frequenting her chamber more often than he had done to the rest of the concubines.

In her fear and helplessness, she lost control of her bladder and involuntarily wet herself.

The man groaned in disgust and looked at the smelly stain on the sheet. He expended a bit of qi, channeling it to his arm and decisively sent the woman flying off the bed and across the room.

The woman's body flew like a broken rag-doll, hitting an elegant mahogany chair, sending the fine piece of furniture to tumbling along with her.

She coughed a mouthful of blood, then fainted on the spot.

The man glanced at her with ruthless coldness in his eyes and muttered,

"Fool! Just a plaything that Zhen has been mildly interested in as of late. Who has given you a bear's gall to call Zhen directly by name?"

He pursed his lips lightly and whistled a piercing high tune. Soon, some eunuchs and maids arrived in front of the room's door and entered without sound.

Emperor Zuo wordlessly took the black robe offered by one of the maids and draped it over his naked body. An image of a mighty dragon was embroidered immaculately in golden threads, occupying the space of the robes and hung majestically down his powerful back. The servants bowed their heads deeper.

All of his direct servants, be it male or female, were at least of Martial-Artist level. Obviously his closest bodyguards and confidantes were cultivators of higher level, be it the more experienced Martial-Artists, or novice Enlighteneds. However, some of his younger concubines were not cultivators -- just normal humans without an ounce of qi awareness who were admitted into the harem to further spread his already expanding branches.

Just like the unconscious woman.

A eunuch stepped forward and bowed deeply,

"Your Majesty... what about Lady Qin?"