2.45 Aftermath

They finally arrived back at Chun Ping Gu sect. Despite the melancholic atmosphere and apparent decrease in the number of disciples, the environment was the same as always. The mist was as perpetual as ever, the cranes still flew above, the small serpents still lived in the waterways. If not for the events that YuLan herself had experienced for the past few days in the Imperial City and Palace, she would have thought that she was just merely coming home, to pay respect to her family in this world.

YuLan ignored the probing gazes of the sect's disciples, as she made her way to Zhu Hong's mountain peak of residence. Xiao Zi, Zhen Zhu, and Cao Lu followed closely, not quipping a single sound. The three of them were adamant that they wanted to accompany her to see the elders, especially when a messenger had been dispatched prior their arrival.

Zuo ZhouLei's and her fingers were linked with each other, neither one of them the least bit intending to hide their intimate gesture.

YuLan was sure her Shifu had already been somewhat informed by the messenger about her matter with Zuo ZhouLei. Although whatever Zhu Hong might think would not change YuLan's plan to always stay with her husband in the future, she still wanted to at least pay respect to the woman who had practically raised her in this world. The feeling was almost melancholic, akin to someone who was going to betray her own blood family.

Feeling Zuo ZhouLei's hand squeezing hers, she looked at his reassuring gaze and gentle smile. Steeling her nerves, she nodded softly, smiling back.

The path to the mountain peak was far too long for her liking. She just wanted to get it over and done with. However, upon seeing the wooden bamboo structure, a simple residence befitting of Zhu Hong's image, YuLan felt jitters all over.

She took a deep breath and stopped by the front door. Sage Hu Lan was already standing by the door, expecting her. The other elders were nowhere in sight. YuLan had been informed that except for Sage Hu Lan, all the other Sages had been exposed to malice to a certain degree. Therefore, she understood that everyone must still be resting.

Xiao Zi opened her mouth a few times, but no sound came out. Looking at her friend, who was looking more nervous than she was, and the latter's pale face, YuLan felt her own anxiousness dissipating a little. Smiling towards her friend, and then nodding towards Zhen Zhu and Cao Lu, she walked ahead. Sage Hu Lan stiffened a little when she saw Zuo ZhouLei following YuLan into the room, but the Sage merely let out a soft sigh and kept her silence.

She kept her head down with her hands linked in bowing gesture as she walked closer to Zhu Hong. Although her Shifu's Qi was currently unconcealed, YuLan could inadvertently sense that the older woman's Qi was much weaker than it used to be. Nevertheless, the room was brimming with stifling pressure. The heavy atmosphere was not from Sage Zhu Hong's Qi, which was already weaker than YuLan's own. It was from the anger that YuLan could definitely feel directed towards her, from her Shifu that was standing ahead of her. Although YuLan had not raised her head yet, she could only imagine Zhu Hong's expression.