2.16 Doubt and Yearning

-----Runexi's notes-----

As promised, because 2.0 just reached 200 votes :)

---------------------

YuLan had to admit that she was both relieved and disappointed upon looking at the just-summoned water elemental beast.

The body of the blue Dragon was entirely liquid, the water element that was the embodiment of its existence emitted faint light under the glare of the mid-day sun

The body of the blue Dragon was entirely liquid, the water element that was the embodiment of its existence emitted faint light under the glare of the mid-day sun. It was exceptionally beautiful when it lazily soared in the air, occasionally sending droplets of water to the people surrounding it.

She knew, it was a completely different Dragon from the one she had encountered in her dream-like vision. Although she was somewhat forlorn that she could not prove the existence of the serpent with purple and gold scales, the depth of her heart was comforted in the bizarre triumphant and proud feeling, of the fact that only she had the privilege of seeing the Dragon in her dream.

The serpent in her vision belonged only for her and aided her cultivation base. In her opinion, this Water Dragon definitely was not the same and could not even compare.

She lightly touched the Water Dragon who had also trailed towards her and Xiao Zi's side. Her fingers made contact with the serpent, causing ripples to form throughout its body. The Dragon lazily turned its head and looked at her disapprovingly with its pearl-like eyes, before returning its attention to Xiao Zi.

YuLan's lips curled slightly in amusement. Although the three spirit beasts – minus the White Tiger that Ao Xiang could not manage to summon this time – did not hurt YuLan in the slightest when she poked them around, they were visibly more affectionate towards Xiao Zi.

She had to be content though, and was not willing to compete for affection. Xiao Zi was a kind girl and one that she had grown up with in this world. And it was enough that the spirit beasts were more indifferent towards YuLan. She knew that she still received a somewhat preferential treatment from them.

Even Cao Lu and Zhen Zhu – two Ping cultivators with water element as their innate cultivation base as well – had been sprayed with water by the Dragon when they got close to just a mere foot in distance. Both had now withdrawn themselves to change their clothes, with Cao Lu cursing about a certain Dragon and a certain beast-master under her breaths.

"Is this the only Dragon amongst the spirit beasts?" YuLan enquired towards Ao Xiang, causing the other to be somewhat startled of his dazed look before paying attention to her once more. However, Yulan definitely did not miss the gentle gaze in the older man's eyes as he was previously looking at Xiao Zi and his spirit beasts' affectionate behaviour.

"Yes, only the water element takes the form of a Dragon," Ao Xiang nodded.

He proceeded to stand, but no one could have missed the slight sway in his step as he slightly staggered.