2.22 Charmed By You

A/N: bonus chapter because ch 2.2. reached 200 votes yesterday :)

Thank God November almost ends! *wants to run from responsibility again*

---------------------------------

Upon noticing several male practitioners stealing glances at their direction, or more precisely towards her youngest shimei whose face was already partially uncovered, Cao Lu shifted her own body to shield YuLan from view

This caused YuLan to regain her focus and let her veil uncover her head once more.

Before they left their sect, their elders - the Sages - had told them to not carelessly show their faces until competitions formally started. The practitioners of Chun Ping Gu sect were well known for their beauty and elegant countenances, and these young women possessed facial and physical features that were above the norm. The Sages did not want any practitioners to think unfavourably or decide to go easy in the upcoming competitions just because Cao Lu, YuLan, Xiao Zi, and Zhen Zhu had flawless faces and delicate looking physiques. They certainly did not wish for their four most outstanding disciples to be treated as if they were fragile creatures.

As for YuLan, she did not have any particular issues in displaying her facial features. However, she finally let the veil obstruct her view nonetheless, as she suddenly need the slight coverage of the blurry veil, to let a few beads of tears freely staining her cheeks.

She really wanted to approach the young man; to look at his face closer; to feel his skin; to see his smile; to hear his voice. Every fibre of her being screamed at her to get closer. However how could she, when she had to muster all the strength she possessed just to merely stand straight at the moment?

Shen Wei though, seemed to notice YuLan's earlier fluster when ZhouLei had introduced himself. Although he did not seem to understand the reason, he was reminded of an incident a few years ago involving the two people. Back then, YuLan was the one ZhouLei had saved from a heretic practitioner that wanted to damage her virtue.

Noticing Cao Lu's and YuLan's discomfort and all the young women hidden behind their veils, he contemplated a bit and decided to call the three Royal Princes,

"Lei-shidi! JinHai-shidi! BingTan! Ao Xiang and I will take our friends from Ping sect to their assigned dorm. Come with us!"

Ao Xiang nodded, and whispered a few words to the white tiger still standing idly by his side. The white tiger nudged its snout onto Ao Xiang's hand in response, then lazily walked over to Zuo ZhouLei to rub its head against his robe. The youth chuckled silently and patted its head, prompting it to nuzzle deeper into the crease of his robe. From where YuLan was standing, she could even hear the tiger purring loudly. 

How she wished she could join the peculiar pair.

Then to everyone's surprise, the white tiger came back towards them, and began to rub its head against YuLan's robe as well. The soft fur of the tiger and its guttural low purr brought comfort to YuLan's heart, encouraging her to kneel and rub it behind its ears. Towards her, the white tiger behaved just like an overgrown domestic cat.