2.13 Forgotten Memories (2)

Despite the darkness and the coldness she had felt initially, her wrist suddenly felt warm.

Then the blackness dispersed, brightened by threads of purple and gold that danced on her skin. Suddenly, she could feel her whole being again, and not just the numbness of the darkness that surrounded her before.

The purple and gold strings that danced on her wrist soon began to grow even warmer and took a corporeal form.

A dragon. The serpent, although small in size, caressed her skin and coiled around her. It was silent, but she could feel its affection towards her as its scales grazed her cheeks and danced against her hair playfully.

Then the dragon left her, illuminating a sole path in front of her.

She decisively followed it. She felt an intimate feeling rousing when it was close the her.

The energy it left behind in its trail, beckoning for her to keep up, felt warm and comforting.

Then she closed her eyes as she passed the blinding gate of light.

When she opened them again, she noticed that her surroundings were familiar. YuLan glanced left and right, recalling the small details that she remembered from a long time ago. There was a stifling yawn threatening to escape from her lips, but she held it down.

Something felt bizarre. She was herself; but at the same time, she was not. Although she was supposed to feel thrown off by the sudden shift of environment, she currently felt calm. She looked at everyone and everything like it was normal; like it was another day for her.

She mindlessly twirled her long hair through her fingers, feeling a bit bored for waiting. As usual, she looked around her to take in the familiar sights.

The pedestrian crossing over there; the tall tree that had been planted by the local council since god-knows-when – giving necessary shade to the people lining up behind her; the fresh smell of coffee.

The aromatic house-blend of arabica and stronger robusta coffee beans, personally created by her old friend from her university days. In the end, he even opened his own café.

"Here you go, hon. Soy flat white, double dose."

She turned her head and saw the familiar face.

"Thank you, John," came the voice from her own mouth.

Upon seeing him and his playful grin, she felt the urge to cry. But instead, she only smiled towards the young man that she had not seen for decades.

----------

Jonathan Aditya

Jonathan Aditya.

He was a mixed-blood, just like how Mia Simmons was. However, his parentage was from a British-born mother, and an Indonesian-born father. His parents were strict Christians. Therefore, imagine their reaction when finding out that their son was batting for the same gender. It ultimately also contributed to the divorce of his parents.