2.51 The Sky Deity

Lately the voices have been much clearer.

"I've told you. You would not be able to return to heaven for a long while, especially after imparting your soul power to Bian."

That one is definitely Ming's voice.

Ming... . Isn't Bian your brother as well? I did it to save his life you know... .

"I am sorry... ."

Bian's voice is definitely much more apologetic.

Ah, but I think he is back to his old, kind soul. I have no doubt he will still need to accept due punishment for what he has done, having created havoc in the three thousand mortal worlds, but I am glad at least I did not end up losing a brother.

I have to talk to Eldest Brother, to allow Bian to undergo his mortal tribulations soon. That will strengthen his soul and karma more. He will be able to see the vastness of the three thousand worlds by himself, not merely spectating through the Endless Water.

I am fortunate that at least in this world, there are places like Bu Gui cave, Leng Jing, or the Autumn Hill. These places contain energies that are almost similar to the heavenly plane. Otherwise, my mortal vessel would not have been capable to contain my imperfect immortal soul any longer than almost seven decades ago.

And I don't know if my next reincarnation will be reborn in a world where such places exist. This Bu Gui cave, is very suitable for cultivating with the aim of ascending to the higher realm. No other mortals have ever succeeded before, because they are just those: Mortals. No one could show them the 'path', nor had anyone ever formed an eternal tie of karma with an Immortal.

On the simplest bond, but still caused him to follow my soul across to my last reincarnation; James Han. On a stronger bond that even exceeded the norm of humanly bond; Jet Tanaka.

Jet... . I guess Ming is right. He is stubborn, way too stubborn for a mortal soul. He has followed my soul across lifetimes, even to my current one.

I owe Jet a lot. A debt is not something an immortal would want to be burdened with. But I would owe him over and time again, as it's because of him – because of his current incarnation - that the mortal vessel carrying my soul did not perish.

He had carried me to the depth of this cave, and risked his own health in the process. Not that he would ever have any damage to his Dantians. After all, I could see just a tiny sliver of Bian's power in him. He ... is no longer just a normal mortal.

Nevertheless, because of him, I am still alive.

Alive? No, perhaps alive is not the right term, as I am about to shed my mortality.

But it could not be more true, as I feel alive.

My most beautiful treasure, that has followed me across the three thousand worlds. My precious flower, that has waited for me all this while.

My wife, the owner of the other half of my soul, the keeper of my heart, the only guardian of my very existence.

Soon... .

"When will you ascend, Lei?" Another voice. It is Yue's

Soon.

----------------------

Wu Shan sect was in a mountainous area. Although most of the peaks reached beyond the clouds, the climate had always been tepid all year round.

That particular day though, it was unbearably warm.

Sect Leader Shen Wei had his blue-robe half opened, displaying his sweating chest. He grumbled,