1 : Poisonous Green Eyes

*Music has been added to some chapters! To listen, check the top. If there is a picture there, try scrolling to the right*

I came over to Nota, grinning. Deltul played unsuspectingly in the flowers. Nota giggled. I was entering my 18 thousandth year, but that didn't mean I was too old for games.

     I lunged at my brother and tackled him to the floor. He yelled in surprised and fought back.

     Nota laughed. Esperanza, my mother, came over frowning.

     "Zepth?!" She gasped at the battle.

     I broke away, laughing. "We were just playing, mother."

     Deltul was not done with the fight, and so he came down on my much larger tail. I laughed and spun around. He slipped and came crashing on the floor.

     "Deltul!" Mother ran over to see if he was okay. "Zepth, be careful!"

     "It's okay mom!" Deltul laughed. "I'm training to be a guardian!"

     Guardians, or the Royal Guards, were the most elite fighters the kingdom knew. It was my denmate's dream.

     "Go fetch some water." She dismissed it and pushed a bucket over to Deltul.

     "Sure, Mom." He clamped down with his jaws and flew off towards the river.

     "Hi, Esperanza." Nota smiled. After my mother was told Nota had no one to return to, she gladly took her in and welcomed her into their family.

     "Zepth." My mother's eyes became worried. "A scroll was just delivered. It's for you."

     "Me?" I cocked my head and went inside the cave - our den - to see the scroll. "From King Trufor? 'Zepth, I need you to come to Revak Castle immediately. Something urgent has come up and I need to speak with you.' Trufor needs me to come see him?"

     I exited the cave and came up to my family. Nota looked to me, waiting to hear about the scroll.

     "I need to fly to Trufor." I bit my lip. "He didn't tell me why."

     "Trufor!" Nota gasped. "Is something wrong?"

     "I'm not sure..." I frowned.

     "Zepth," Esperanza said. "If the King of Sulona has sent for you, you better go. It could be important."

     "What about Tagonia?" My mother and I were the rightful heir to the throne of Tagonia. Mother usually took care of the royal tasks herself, but needed my help for certain things.

     "I can manage perfectly well on my own, thank you. Now go! Nota, will you please go with her?"
     "Of course." She replied and we took to the sky.

————————————

     The White Castle had been rebuilt after it collapsed, for Sulona needed a kingdom castle. Now, Trufor ruled out whole kingdom from the throne in Leviguar. He was originally king of Flitwik, but he's persistent that he can keep up with leading two castles.

     The castle, instead of the original marble, was now Golz, or "dragon's rock". It was a shimmering white rock and accented with windows and pillars of sparkling gold. In short, it was the most beautiful castle Sulona has ever seen.

————————————

      We both walked down the long hallway of past rulers. Luckily, the paintings were saved from the wreckage, and unfortunately so was Queen Hyla's painting. I shivered at the sight and entered the Throne Room. Trufor sat in the seat, eyes worried and looking out the window.