21 : The Enemy

"You..." I gasped as the dragon stood before me. The one who caused all this suffering... the one who killed Grilop... Queen Hyla's very own hatchling...

     "I had to keep my true identity a secret, obviously." Daniik seemed unfazed. "They would never let a Royal train to become a Guardian."

     "How could you?!" I spat, my eyes burned into the enemy. "Attacking Vulcen just to make a point? Slaughtering all those dragons? You killed Grilop! You caused all of this!"

      Daniik simply blinked. That monster could probably not even waste his breathe apologizing. He opened his mouth carefully. "Zepth, that was not my doing."

     "Like Taliig it wasn't!" I snarled.

     "I think you misunderstand." He slowly walked closer. I wonder how many other lies have stained his tongue. "I do not kill innocents, unlike my mother. I protested against every attack, but it did nothing. That's why I fled to Blatua until you killed her-"

     "I didn't kill her." I growled. "She was destroyed by The King Dragon God."

     "Regardless, she was vanquished." He nodded. "I returned when the White Castle was rebuilt. I had to stay hidden until I was sure I wouldn't be recognized. I wanted nothing to do with her, Zepth. I joined the Sulona Army in case another dragon like her came to be."

     "And another dragon did come to be." A new female voice loudly declared. Both of us spun around.

     A sleek white dragon with a gold underbelly and golden horns narrowed her eyes and grinned wickedly. "Hello, Brother."