20 : Queen Hyla's Hatchling

I sat up in a field of grass, just like last time. There were red DragonHeart fruits pulsing around me, and the moonlight shone on the blades of damp grass.

     Queen Hyla stopped before me. Instead of appearing angry, she seemed smug.

     "Hyla!" I snarled. "Dragon Gods, what is it this time?!"

     Her grin only stretched further across her face. "Oh Zepth... you know so little..."

     "If you've come back in my dreams to gloat, than we are done here." I whipped my head away and started walking in the opposite direction.

     "If you want answers, hatchling..." Hyla rose her voice and I froze, listening. "Meet my own blood in the throne room."

     "What?!" I turned back around to face her, but a bolt of lightning came down from the sky and struck me.

————————————

     I screamed and sat up from the hay bed. The storm outside was increasing in strength. I laid back down, but could not sleep.

     To put my mind at rest, I silently got up and went down the hallway towards the throne room...

————————————

     A dragon, to my great astonishment, stood there. They were looking away from me, so I couldn't see their face. What if it was... no, that couldn't be. It was just a dream. There's no way Hyla had a living hatchling, and it was too great a coincidence for them to be here.

     "I knew it was only so long until you found out..." the dragon sighed. My heartbeat quickened. I knew who this was.

     "Queen Hyla was your Mother?" I clarified. The dragon turned around and faced me.

     Daniik nodded.