7 : Arena Survivor

"Zepth." Kintes grinned. Nota gave me a look similar to my own.... How was he alive?

"But... how?!" I breathed and sat down with them.

"After that coward of a dragon bit down on my neck, he actually stepped on one of my ribs at the same time. It's just luck that he snapped the rip and figured he broke my neck." Kintes shivered. "After the fight, I couldn't even climb out of the pile of bodies or call out to you when you came to save Nota.

"Everything hurt so much. I was sure that I'd die eventually. That's when I saw someone coming... I thought it was a guard and they heard me breathe or something, but it was someone huge.

"Grilop pulled me out and brought me to his den. He bandaged me and gave me a place to heal. I only wish I could have done the same for him..."

"What do you mean?" Nota worriedly asked.

"I was still too injured to talk, so I watched as you returned from Fluwit and spoke with Grilop. You hid on the other side of him, when the guards came. After you had your... debate and left Deltul, I decided it would be best if I left. Grilop was already watching after Deltul, and I would only be making it harder to keep two dragons safe.

"I figured he had a better chance if he was the only one protected by Grilop. When you all flew to Queen Hyla, I snuck out of the den and ran to the forests."

"And then?" I blinked.

"Grilop knew I'd left. I assume he left the den to go find me, leaving Deltul alone as well. The guards were still in the forests too, and ambushed Grilop. I found him... finally. After the White Castle collapsed, I found his body..."

We all went silent for a moment.

"I came back to the den, to make sure Deltul was still alright. After I saw he was, I defended the den from a distance. Esperanza flew and retrieved Deltul, I assume before you woke up, Zepth.

"My vocal chords still hadn't healed completely, and they wouldn't recognize me, so I stayed in the shadows. I couldn't explain what had happened.

"So I've been in Grilop's den, until now I've finally recovered completely. I came as soon as I could to find you, and that's when I saw the castle on fire..."

"Kintes..." I closed my eyes. "I'm glad you are alright, but can you take us to see Grilop? To give him a burial?"

He nodded, and we flew towards the forest.

————————————————————
Hey guys! The above picture was done by myself using charcoal, it's supposed to be Grilop's den.