22 : The Explaination

"Dilarox." Daniik raised his chin and held his breath. He tensed and unconsciously backed up a few steps. "About time you showed your filthy face."

"I see you've acquainted yourself with our mother's murderer." She flicked her snake tongue out and flashed her teeth. "Disgusting. Mother and I always knew you'd disappoint."

"Wait, you're...?" I raised an eyebrow. "You're Daniik's sister? You're the one who did all of this?"

She slightly turned her flawless head to the side. "Surprised, hatchling?"

"But... you're a Light Elemental!" I exclaimed. "There's no way you would kill!"

She ran at lightning speeds and froze in my face with a horrific glare. "Why?! Just because of my element, I have to be all goody goody?" She snarled and I couldn't help but flinch. "In a way, I am doing good. I am simply finishing what Mother started."

"So the Suns of Kirah really are gone..." I started to piece things together. "It was only Queen Hyla and you!"

"Mother kept sending invitations to our little party to your friend King Trufor." She shrugged. "It's a shame he didn't fall for it. We might've killed him, and he wouldn't be sitting his fat rear on Mother's throne."

Daniik had enough. He roared, shaking the glass windows and making everything rattle. "Trufor is ten times the ruler that monster ever was!"

"That's besides the mission at hand." Dilarox scoffed. "This hatchling doesn't even understand why she must die."

      "Because I'm standing in the way of Molira? Because I insulted you with my multielementaness?" I rolled my eyes. "Because I'm a direct descendent of Milrem?"

     "This was never about Milrem." She whispered to me. My blood ran cold. "The Tree of Balance brings no balance. It only strengthen's Molira's opposite."

     "What do you speak of!" Daniik leaned in.

     "The Tree bloomed with DragonHeart fruit. The very same that Spireat used to paint that symbol with." She gestured to the Dark Dragon mark behind my eye. "Not only does that mark protect you against Molria's powers, it strengthens you to become her equal."

"Zepth is meant to defeat The Queen Dragon Goddess?" Daniik threw his head back and laughed, hoping his sister was bluffing. "Tall tale, sister."

"Not defeat." She turned her cold eyes in my direction and stared into mine. "To equal. To balance out. If someone can stand up to her, she wouldn't dare attack the mortal Dark Dragons."

I felt lightheaded... this wasn't possible. I was a nobody! Why did I have to be a dark dragon... why did so many have to die...

The siblings seemed to sense my unease, as they fell quiet. I simply could not accept that I had his great purpose.

"Does that mean, when I die, there will be nothing to stop her?" I managed to ask.

"Unless there was another Darkness and Light elemental dragon out there somewhere, yes. Molira will be unstoppable." Dilarox bluntly answered. "And the possibilities are so slim, I'm amazed it lasted this long. You weren't the first, you know. Ever since the dawn of time, there had to be a darkness and light dragon. Milrem was the first, that's why you're his descendent."

"Why do you even bother telling me all this?!" I lashed out, frustrated with my own existence.

"I've always believed in killing for cause." She studied her talons, bored. "The cause right now is simply avenging Mother. I don't even care about all that silly war stuff. I just want you dead. Pleasing Molira is just a bonus."

"You heartless lizard!" Daniik slammed his paws on the floor. "Have you no sympathy? You said yourself she wasn't even an adult yet!"

"A hatchling killed our father, have you forgotten?" Dilarox shouted back. "Don't you remember that one dark dragon that slipped into the castle and started the fire? Don't you remember how we mourned for him?!"

"I remember the last hope for this family dying that day, and Mother vowing to destroy Dark Dragons." Daniik shut his eyes. "And I remember there was no proof the fire started from the hatchling-"

"Always such a child, Daniik!" She threw her arms up in anger. "Always the innocent peace seeking worm brain! No wonder Mother erased everything about you when you left for Blatua, she wished you weren't even hatched."

"Alright, Dilarox." He nodded and started walking over. He suddenly lunged out with talons outstretched, roaring. "Let's finish this now!"