Royal No More

Rathelia was able to use her magic to slip out of her cuffs and Riker broke out of his. They ran right for my brothers, who were left behind. Svenon ran to my side when he got out, Jovsin right behind him. "Did Rolande get out safely?"

"He's under the care of Cheif Ichino."

I was held tightly. "It's okay, we know it's you, Victoria. You've changed, but for the better. Come on, we need to get out of here. We'll regroup once we're safe again."

I stopped. "What about Bowen?"

"He's made his choice. We're safe as long as Irseval has him. Come on, family is the most important, remember? He and his family let us be enslaved for seven years."

"He is in love with the girl who raises horses and wants to save Wyverna. Not Princess Victoria. I haven't been a princess in a long time." I took out my Wyvernth. "Prince Bowen came here to save Wyverna. He came here to save me. I'm not letting him down that easily. He needs to live. If he dies, well then, I'm dying too. I will not live in a world where Bowen doesn't become king. I will prove to Irseval that I am Princess Victoria and you will take Prince Bowen back. Tell Servania the treason the king and queen have commited and get the help of Servania. You can't do it without prince Bowen. The choices are hard as a royal, I understand that now. Seven years have made me wiser. Striker, Rathelia, hold them back please. I'll get Prince Bowen released."

Once my brothers were take away, I ran through the halls of the kingdom. I ran through the memories that were held here. My parents room hadn't even been touched by Irseval or his army. I found my way to the safe. I knew this was the time she would always talk about. Mother has trained me to use the staff passed down for generations. It gave the chosen ones power to use the fires of Heaven and Hell to their advantage. A present from the gods before they had fallen as well.

I spun the staff, putting it in my belt, before running outside. I couldn't worry about what Irseval said about Bowen. I couldn't think about how Bowen avoided saying anything about it. I had a mission and nothing would stop me from saving my people. How could I even be sure Bowen's real reason for being here. If we made it out of here, the only way he could gain my trust is by helping me get Wyverna back.

I watched Prince Bowen get put into the center of my kingdom, the people knowing who he was by his clothes, getting angry. "What did you do to Victoria!" One screamed. Another yelled, "Victoria left for help and never come back! You'll pay for what your kingdom did!"

I ran out. "He didn't betray you! He was the only one who had any sense of kindness!"

Marjire, a woman who was very young at the time I left, had a knife in her hand. She was a chef for the kingdom long ago. I would help her with her fields as her father couldn't anymore from old age. She was the best with a knife. She was the leader of this group, I could tell.

"Who are you? Anyone who stands up for this traitor is an enemy! Princess Victoria would never have abandoned us! She was stronger then she thought! She would have made it!"

"I am Princess Victoria! I came here on a quest!"

Irseval started laughing again. "The girl who's bleeding from her shoulder and stood up multiple times is the sweet little princess? You're covered in mud and blood. You protected Prince Bowen. If you really are Princess Victoria, prove it."

I took the short staff out of my belt, showing everyone. "Only the Wyverna royals were chosen to use this! I will prove to you I am Princess Victoria! Not only that, but I am Vic, a hard worker who cares about people! Prince Bowen risked himself to travel here and fix what his parents had done! He came here to kill Irseval and give Wyverna back to the rightful heirs! I, Princess Victoria of Wyverna, summon the beast Jagg to my side!"