Truth or Leave

The walk to the vault was comprised of about 4 million stairs zigzagging down to the very bottom of the boarder. Something that not even the gods themselves could get to.

"This is as far as I can go. Your light will guide the way. Remember, we asked for you for a reason. Tell the truth, or leave empty handed. One of you will have what it takes to kill Irseval with that weapon. Good luck."

The stairs felt as though they would last forever. We walked for hours on end. I was about to give up when I saw the door. We all rushed to the door, going inside. As we walked inside the door, something popped out at us.

"Hello! You're people! Oh, I'm so glad you're here! Nobody has ever made it to me before! I'm Zera! The soul of God Killer!"

Rathelia hid behind me. "God Killer?"

"Yes! The weapon that can kill gods! Give me a reason for me to give you the weapon and I'll decide if you are worthy or not! Unlike the ones up there, I can't see into your beautiful human brains!"

Rathelia went first, of course. "I'm here because since the beginning, I have always told the truth. I believe that as a Spell Keeper in training, I'll be able to keep the weapon safe as well as be able to wield it without a problem."

The soul of the sword looked confused. "That's not enough for the weapon, but nice try! You really tried to convince me!"

"I am Coopska of Servania. I am Prince Bowen's royal guard and best friend. I have stayed loyal to him since we were young. I fell in love with his fiancé but never said a word until now. I'd rather him be happy. I will be loyal to him and loyal to hating Irseval. No matter what."

"That's so sad. You're heartbreak, obviously. This will hurt even more, but I cannot give you the weapon. I can't know you can protect it. What about you, girl?"

"I am Princess Victoria. I like to be called Vic though. I try to be humble. My parents were murdered and my brothers and people enslaved seven years ago. I tried to get help but I couldn't. I'm here because I was the secret holder. I have heard secrets I shouldn't and have my own secrets. Some have been told since the beginning, like how I am really a girl, how I am a princess, how I am not human. There are still a few I won't say yet, as it's not the right time, but I will say this. A few of those secrets allowed me to have a gut feeling that Bowen was the one in love. I now realize what Cordelia meant by having a secret weapon with me. Prince Bowen and his love towards the one he wants to marry is my secret weapon. The strength of his love will keep him strong, keep him able to keep the weapon safe and keep all the others safe as well. I've seen what he would do. He'd throw everything away for what's right. He'd kill for Irseval to never come back. He'd do anything for the one he loves, whoever that may be. If you don't choose him, you'd be crazy."

Zera twisted around. Her blue hair and eyes sparkling as she twirled. "Yes! Finally! Prince Bowen, you're the one I choose! For someone to request you to do it, you must be trusted! And all those reasons, I couldn't fight! The power will be within you for any weapon you choose inside this room. Go ahead and choose what you feel most comfortable using! I'll see you in battle!"

Bowen's jaw dropped. "Vic, do you really feel that way?"

"I do. Now, go pick a weapon you moron! We have a god to face!"

He shook his head. "You choose for me. I won't use it unless you say I should."

We walked around. There was a variety of axes, swords, knives, daggers, arrows, shields, staffs, gloves, shoes. Anything you could think of, it was there and glimmering gold. There was one weapon that caught my eye. A scythe.

"There is nothing more suiting for Irseval's death then the weapon of death itself. A black scythe. Once chosen, all the other weapons become just normal weapons. When Bowen takes the Scythe, put the weapons into bags charmed by Rathelia."