Princely Dinner

Getting back from the waters, I found Prince George and Prince Bowen were making dinner. Bowen was even experimenting too. It was nice to see. He was smiling and so was Prince George. While I was having my family bonding, I guess he was also having his.

"Princess, please taste this! Tell us what you think!" Prince George spoke, motioning for me to go and try what they were making. "This is rabbit with various seasonings and cooked vegetables such as carrots and peas."

"That sounds like something royalty would have! It sounds so good!" Rathelia called out, still as joyful as she normally is. "Princess Victoria, can you believe that Prince George and Prince Bowen made this for us all!"

I nudged Bowen. "Of course I can. These two learn fast, and Bowen was taught by the best around."

"I just hope it tastes as good as it looks." Prince George laughed. "It's not like I was allowed to make my meals in Servania. I was barely able to leave the castle."

I sat down with the food. "It can't be that bad."

Taking a bite, my eyes widened and my heart started beating faster. "Horrible, I knew it."

"Stop being so pessimistic, George! It's quite amazing! I have never tasted rabbit so perfectly cooked and seasoned. And the vegetables aren't soggy and not under cooked. I couldn't have asked for a better meal! I've never had something this flavourful before!"

Everyone had to grab some after that. They all wanted to eat the prince-made food. A princely dinner, I'd call it. It would be even better if this wasn't in the middle of nowhere. I closed my eyes, imagining what it would be like.

I was having a nice time, when my skin set on fire and I couldn't open my eyes. I looked around the flames, having it turn into... Wyverna? My mother stood there.

"Mother!"

She giggled. "Little 'Toria all grown up. I wish I could see your brothers. Unfortunately, I'm deceased and the only way I can communicate is through Jagg. Victoria, you've reached Jagg's most important power. If you use his power enough, he'll let you see the future or past."

I hugged her ghostly figure. "Oh how I've missed you, mother."

"I've missed you too. Though I'm not sure how you managed to think of something so powerful it's brought you here."

I couldn't help laughing. My thoughts of Bowen brought me to this amazing power. That's when I thought of something. "Mother, if Jagg's power can bring you here, would it be able to bring you back as well?"

"I believe it's a possibility. You'd need a godly amount of power though. A Spell Keeper, four gods and a God Killer."

"The weapon?"

"Yes."

"Then we have everything we need. Mother, we'll figure this all out after Irseval is dead for good."

She put her pale hand to my cheek. Her beautiful golden hair flowing in the non-existent wind. "Baby girl, it's been seven years. Don't get your hopes up. You're doing wonderful on your own. Jagg has told me much of what you've done. You've impressed me on how much you've grown. I'm very happy here with your father. We trust that you'll be able to do this on your own. We shouldn't mess with the laws of nature."

"Wouldn't you like to see your children get married? Would you like to meet Bowen?"

She giggled once again. "Oh darling, I've met Bowen before. George and Bowen were wonderful kids. George always behaved while Bowen would always play pretend. He imagined a girl with fiery red locks. I reminded me of you. He wanted a princess like that to rescue. I'm sure you've found it's been the other way around."

I joined in on the giggling. Just as she was telling me something, I was sent back to the world of the living. I awoke seeing everyone surrounding me from a distance while Bowen was at my side, his hand on my shoulder.

"What's happened?" I asked, utterly confused.

He jumped down to hold me close. "You were in a fit of fury. Speaking of marriage and children and Jagg. Mumbling of strange words. It all ended as I touched your shoulder. The fires just extinguished themselves before my hand could burn. Like you were protecting me subconsciously." He laughed nervously. "I was hoping I could protect you this time."

I hugged him back as tight as possible. "You did. Everything is okay now because of you. I'm safe now."

"Well, what was that?"

"Jagg's secret hidden power. I'll tell you all about it later." I stood up with him. "Prince George, could I have some more to eat? I've burned off all my energy it seems."

Right away, everyone rushed to look after me. I had something special right here. I realized that this princely dinner was something I may never have again. I know I would cherish it for the rest of my days. To have everyone crowded around and worried, there was no feeling like it. My mother's words rung in my ears still as we all ate together.

Gwenyth rubbed my shoulders. "Something appears to be bothering you, Victoria."

"You all have come to see me as something more then a princess. It makes me happy to know that I was able to create my own family with all of you. As human, Widowna, elf, orc, mage, royal, god. We are all the same on the inside. We are living being who care. My father's deeds caused this rebellion to become so large. My deeds have helped this. It doesn't matter what you are, but who you are. Not all family means blood and not all blood means family. Something my mother told me."

"Your Mother was wise then."

I looked over to Bowen, who was now talking with all the males. "Gwen, do you believe that love can form anywhere?"

"I do believe that very much. I also believe anyone can fall in love with each other. Like you said, it doesn't matter what you are, but who you are."

"Do you believe that it's okay to be in love, even when there is more important things going on?"

"If you're talking about your relationship with Bowen, I believe that it's okay. Sometimes in the toughest times, you need the one you love rather then just friends and family."

I gasped. "How did you know?"

"Sweet Princess Victoria, the moment I saw you and him together, I knew there was something magical there. An invisible wall, of you will."

"And it would be okay if I wanted to marry him?" I asked, eyes moving to the ground as if it were more interesting than the strange prince.

"You were the one who taught me that anything you want can happen. Why don't you listen to your own advice for once?"

My own advice? My own words. My own beliefs. Nothing was more important then what and who you care about. It was nearly time for the battle against the most powerful being filled with evil. He was created and instantly turned against the gods. He spares those weaker then him and those he needs. He will pay for destroying one of my homes and threatening the other. I would save everyone I love, including Bowen.