Chapter Twelve: I Kiss Him, I Kiss Him Not

We pull up outside a large building which has no signs to give away where we are. "You coming?" Cole asks, raising his eyebrows at me.

"Tsk tsk, patience Coley Woley," I repeat his words from earlier back to him. After rolling his eyes in response, he opens the side door for me.

"What's wrong with you acting like a gentleman?" I tease.

"I opened a car door, don't get too excited. And please princess, you're wounding me, are the constant insults necessary?" He grins and I shrug,

"Well someone needs to shrink your ego and who better than me?" I purposely nudge him with my shoulder as we walk towards the building.

"Touche."

We head inside and the air is chilly. Once Cole opens the second door I see a huge indoor ice skating rink. "No way! I've always wanted to go ice skating but I've never gotten round to it!"

He turns to me and gives me another smile. Now my smile's back and so are the butterflies. Again.

This feeling is becoming too regular and I know that me hanging out with Cole pretty often has landed me on dangerous grounds.

I feel myself walking further and further in but I can't stop myself, even though I know the ground I stand on could disappear instantly.

Where there's nothing to pull me back to safe land, where I'll have no other option but to fall—hoping someone catches me, he, catches me, before I hit the bottom.

I'm involuntarily snapped out of my thoughts when the guy behind the counter speaks.

"Shoe size?" I didn't even realise we were queuing and Cole speaks up first.

"6 and 10." I look at him stunned, how the hell did he know my shoe size?

"How'd you know that?"

He smirks and my confused expression, "I told you, princess, I have my sources." I just leave it at that and once we have our skates we head to the ice.

As soon as my skates touch the ice I grab the sidebar as a precaution. "I, er, should probably warn you, I might not be too good," I say warily.

I try dragging myself along without letting go and I start to hear laughing. I turn, holding the bar tighter, and Cole's just about standing himself. Not because he's bad at it but because he's laughing so much.

"Hey! I've never done this before, cut me some slack." He manages to compose himself but he's still smiling widely.

"Come here." He holds out his hand and I let go of the bar, slowly making my way over. I try and grab his hand but when I lean over I slip, falling onto the ice.

Cole's laughing more than before and now I'm laughing. "I-I c-can't that was p-priceless." I begin to get goosebumps and I don't think it's because of the ice...

"Stop... Please don't laugh," I laugh again myself, contradicting what I just said. "This is hard." I try to stand up but my foot slips and I land back on the ice.

At this point, I can only hear Cole's laugh, nothing else. He's laughing so much that he also falls over. We continue to just sit there, laughing, and he looks straight at me.

"You are terrible at skating."

I cross my arms trying to be serious but I can't stop smiling, "I haven't had time to improve, I've been on the floor the whole time."

Cole manages to stop laughing and stands up. "Okay get up, I'm going to teach you." I nod and he puts both his hands out for me to hold onto. I take them and he pulls me up but my feet slip, causing me to move too forward so we clash heads.