chapter thirty five

Today was finally the day Sophia was moving in. David wanted this place to feel like it was hers too, so he had flown out his friend Reggie to work with her and redecorate his house. He knew she was sad to give up the apartment, so he wanted to do everything he could to make the transition easy for her. Reggie had already found some doggy decor to put around the house for Apollo. David also had another surprise for her, but he was waiting to film her reaction for the vlog. She was on her way, and David was waiting anxiously on his couch. He wasn't sure if she'd take Reggie as a nice gesture or as a reminder of Marcie. That was what the two of them used to do, so he didn't want to seem inconsiderate. Sophia parked in the driveway, letting Apollo out of the car and leading him towards the door. He sniffed excitedly as he examined the new surroundings.

"She has arrived!" Sophia joked, opening the door and smiling widely.

"Hey, baby." David smiled, running up to her and kissing her excitedly.

"You're happy."

"Yeah, I am. How are you feeling?"

"Honestly? I'm still really sad but I'm trying to move on. Whoever moves in will have a beautiful place to call home," Sophia sighed, dropping her purse on his kitchen counter.

"Can you help me with my suitcases?"

"After I show you something. Can I record you?" David wondered, fiddling with his camera.

"Yeah. I'm kinda scared."

David laughed, starting to record her.

"I'm gonna have to blindfold you."

"If you scare me with a fucking animal I'm moving out."

Once he made sure she couldn't see, he took her hand and led her down the hallway.

"It's not scary. Take off your blindfold."

Sophia hesitantly took off her blindfold before smiling widely at the sight in front of her. A large painting hung on the hallway right outside of his door. It was a black metal table with a large coffee cup at the center of it. On the sidewalk below, a baby Apollo was drawn sleeping peacefully. She covered her mouth as she tried to contain her excitement.

"David, holy shit. It's beautiful. That's the exact cup from that day, oh my god!" She smiled widely, hugging him tightly.

"You like it?"

"I love it. Thank you, baby. This is so sweet." She proceeded to attack his face with kisses as soon as he turned the camera off.

"You really like it? That wasn't just for the video?"

"I love it so much I literally wanna suck your dick right here." She joked, making him blush deeply.

"Well, if that's the case..." He mumbled nervously. Sophia rolled her eyes, laughing before dragging him into his room and locking the door behind them.

-

"What's up guys! Welcome back. Today I'm sitting down with David for our second video on this channel." Sophia smirked at the camera, giggling as David cheered.

"So if you've been following me for a bit you know about Matt. He's my best friend and I met him through David. Today we have a surprise for him. He's coming over but he has no idea what we're planning."

"And, I know a lot of you guys would rather Sophie and I do a boyfriend tag or some shit like that, but then we'd have to actually date and not pretend for Instagram." David joked, making her cover her face and laugh loudly.

"I'm kidding. I'm sorry baby." He said in his baby talk voice, forcing her to laugh even more as she collapsed against his chest. They had been watching too many Tana videos with her new boyfriend.

"Okay, Matt loves Japan and has always been obsessed with it. Thanks to Seatgeek, David and I are gonna surprise him with a trip to Japan. Unfortunately, David can't leave the country because he's a DACA recipient, so we can't go." She frowned, pinching his cheek playfully.

"Apparently a person can have a million dollars taken from them for taxes but can't take a trip to Japan." He said sassily.

"Anyways, while it sucks that we can't go, we got him an extra ticket to take whoever he wants with him. David and I are really excited to see his reaction. He's been talking about this literally since I met him."

As she finished her sentence, Matt knocked on the door. The front door was glass, so they waved him over from the couch. He opened the door and slipped off his shoes before joining them on the couch.

"So, we have a surprise for you." Sophia smiled widely, clapping her hands in excitement.

"Put on the blindfold." David smirked, tossing it to him.

"David, I swear to god if it's a fucking scorpion or some shit I'm never coming here again."

Sophia grabbed the camera excitedly as David instructed him to lay down on the floor. She struggled to contain her laughter and David plopped the envelope onto his chest, making him scream in response. Matt hesitantly took off his blindfold and looked down quizzically.

"What's this?"

He carefully tore the envelope open and read the words on the paper. His eyes widened as his hand instantly flew to his mouth.

"Please tell me this isn't a prank." He mumbled, eyes watering in shock.

"I promise it's not a prank." David reassured him, shaking his head.

"This is real? These are for me?"

"You can take whoever you want with you. Hotel is paid for." Sophia smiled widely, Matt sniffling as he wiped at his eyes.

"This is so fucking nice. I can't thank you enough. Holy shit. This is a fucking dream."

"Thank SeatGeek." David joked, making the three of them laugh.