1/19/2019 - Winter Tree (Ch 1)

I've posted the first chapter for Winter Tree, but the other stories are in various stages of progress already.  How do I feel about this chapter?

I doubt rabid Lance fans will like the story. He comes across as possessive of Allura in the story, but he's rather nasty towards Keith. Season eight left me with the honest impression he never grew as a character, but he came across as self-centered. Acting in a possessive manner towards Allura isn't out of character for him either due to the fact he corrected Hunk in the very first episode and claimed the relationship would be between him and Allura in a very possessive manner.

I also made sure to label the story as being one sided in regards to his and Allura's relationship. On top of the fact it was rather strange for Allura to start crushing on him after finding him a major annoyance for the first six seasons and most of the seventh, she never said she actually loved him any time before becoming possessed.  I didn't find the relationship healthy. For more details see Q&A #1.

I'm actually looking forward to Lance of the VLD universe meeting Lance of the V universe. Despite the fact Hunk said in the first episode that Lance was the only character like himself in the show the finally season missed the actual ways the two Lance's were the same and differed, but I honestly think Lance from VLD made me love the original Lance even more.