2/21/2019 - Winter Tree (Ch 6)

I definitely felt a rush of inspiration, or perhaps I've simply come to a point I've really looked forward to - Lance chewing out Lance. Lance from VLD is majorly hypocritical but self-centered. He was, after all, not the only person effected by Allura. One of the things talked about among VLD fans is how Lance wouldn't be the only person talking about Allura, yet this is played up as his major deed after the war, that and starting a Juniberry farm possibly because it was her favorite flower. Actually, we don't know if it was her favorite flower. We simply know she had fond memories of the flower, which is very different than actually saying it was her favorite flower. It goes to show how much Lance never really got to know Allura.

DouT Lance is of course flabbergasted as his younger self. The idea of not being Keith's friend, but bashing on someone whose had it as hard as Keith let alone acting like Keith's suffering is trivial to the things he (VLD Lance) has gone through is baffling. Which brings me to another point. We've got a lot of kids these days who ride on the coat tails of other people's suffering because apparently simply not getting their way is comparable. This trivializes what those who really do suffer go through, but Lance never once really suffered until he lost Allura and even then it was because he was losing his prize. It's a very self-centered behavior.