Chapter 10

Jonah

“Trey are you getting another plate I mean really man.” Steve said in an annoyed tone. “what I’m hungry.” Trey said then went to get him another plate. “I guess I will get me another one as well before we go,” I say laughing. “You too Jonah.” “Steve yells out. “Yall not even going to be able to bowl cause yall eating so much.” I look at Steve laughing.   

Walking out to the buffet area I get me a plate heading to go get me teriyaki chicken on a stick and some fries. As I was getting my chicken I heard a woman speaking to me. “Excuse me.” She said. I turned to look at her. “Ma’am you are fine.” I watched her eyes look at me like in a weird way, then she spoke again. “Do you play high school football?” “I use to. I quit my team.” “Jonah,” she said softly.” Do I know you?” “I am getting food to go, but can we sit for a little bit?” “I guess so.” We go and sit down at an empty table. I took a seat in front of her.

I watch as she smiles at me. “It is finally nice to see you face to face.” “Who are you.” “My name is Dorothy and I am your grandmother.” I busted out laughing in her face. “That’s funny Mrs. Dorothy now please tell me who you are before I leave.” “I am your father’s mother, your grandmother.” “I have one grandmother and she is black and not sitting in front of me. As for your son he is less than nothing to me and mother. He wanted me dead so let me stay dead to him and his family yall are nothing to me.” I said then got up then she caught my arm. I looked at her then she let me go and I walked away. I went to finish eating with my friends.

 Simone

{Wednesday}

 Leaving for my lunch break to have a lunch date with Keith since I have a prior engagement. I just hope he does not have a problem with what I wore to work today.

 Walking into Russet I see Keith waiting for me with a single peach colored rose

Walking into Russet I see Keith waiting for me with a single peach colored rose. I smile as I continued towards him. “Hey, you,” I say with a smile.  “You look absolutely beautiful.” “Thank you so much” “Please this way,” Keith said escorting me to our table. Keith pulls out the chair for me and I thank him as he sits in front of me. “I am so sorry beautiful this rose is for you.” “Thank you”

Before I could speak a waiter approaches the table. “Good afternoon and welcome to Russet what can I get yall to drink. Keith nodded his head towards me to place my order first. “May I have half tea half lemonade please.” “Of course. For you sir.” “Water please.” “I will be back with your drinks shortly.” “I’m sorry I am in work clothes. I didn’t want to wear a workout suit on our date.” “Your fine Keith, I am in my work clothes as well.” “So you think I’m fine.” He said smirking. “That’s not what I meant.” “Sure, love, keep telling yourself that.” He says laughing.

“I mean you are cute and a…” “And you are beautiful Simone.” Keith said making me smile. “Thank you,” I said just as the waiter came back and we gave him our order.  Talking and laughing as we ate we both lost track of time. “I have to get back before I am later than I already am.” Keith said. “I do as well.” “I enjoyed our lunch date but I am hoping for a dinner date soon.” “How about next weekend at my place? I am sure you haven’t forgotten where I live at.” “I remember and it is a date. Maybe during the week next week, we can have another lunch date?” “I would like that.” After Keith paid we got our belongings and walked out of the restaurant.

After Keith kissed me on the cheek he left while I was in my car looking for my phone. I went back inside the restaurant to see if I left my phone which I swore was in my purse. “Excuse me I think I may have left my phone where I was sitting at.” “Ma’am we didn’t see a phone, however, your date did leave his jacket.” I smiled and took it from him. “Thank you so much.” I walked back out and dumped my purse out where I found my phone at the bottom.  

I pulled up at the school and asked Keith to meet me outside. I saw him come out of the door and I got out of my car with his jacket. “You had to come to the school because you missed you.” He said as I walked towards him. “Cute, but no. you left this.” I say holding his jacket out for him. “Thank you,” he said taking his jacket. “And here I thought you just wanted to see me again.” “I will soon. And don’t forget our dinner date next weekend.” “Your place. How could I forget dinner with you beautiful.” I smiled. “I have to get back in and finish up before practice. I will call you tonight.” “Okay have a good day Keith.” “Your beauty made it good.” I watched him jog back in the field house to go back to work.”

“Simone, what are you doing here? Is it Jonah?” “Jonah is fine. I was here for other reasons.” “Like” “Gavin I don’t believe that is any of your business.” I heard the field door open and close then my name being called. I looked up and saw Keith jogging towards us. “I forgot something,” Keith said. “What” He smiled then pulled me into a long passionate kiss. “Another lunch date next week and a dinner date with you Saturday at your place.” He places another kiss on my cheek. “I can’t wait he said.” “I can’t either.” “I really have to go.” He said as he kissed me again then left.

I watch as Gavin was furious and his eyes darker with a storm brewing inside.  “Are you serious Simone. Your dating someone, not just someone but a coach here.” “Your married Gavin.” “That’s not what I mean. I have to see him every day.” “I wish I could.” “Simone you can't date him” “Why not” “Think of Jonah” I busted out laughing. “Bye Gavin,” I say walking back to my car. “Simone.” He called out but I just kept walking. When I got in my car I saw Gavin still standing there. I waved as I drove off.  

{Saturday}

“Jonah” I yelled. “Ma’am”. He said as he walked into the living room where I am. “You sure you want to go to this dinner tonight?” “Yes, I do unless y..” “We can go. I wanted to make sure you didn’t change your mind” “No, but if things get to …” “We can leave.” “Well, Ima go take a shower and get dressed.” “Alright,” I say as I head up stairs to do the same.