Chapter 42

Simone  

                          [Friday]

Walking into the game with my brothers I hear my name being called from behind. I smiled when I saw Gwen. “Hey Simone,” She says hugging me. “How are you. I know I asked you this earlier when we talked.” I laughed “Yeah I’m still okay. Some moments are harder than others to deal with but I’m okay. Odell and Patrick which one of yall will Jonah be staying with next weekend and part of next week while I am gone to the Sierra Nevada” “Why are you going there” Gwen asked. “For work. It’s two new resorts going up and I have been contracted to décor the inside.” “Sis the weather has been saying a bad snow storm coming. I think you should postpone this trip for now.” Odell said. “I can make it before the storm. It’s not even going to be that bad and I will be back home Tuesday evening then go back Friday morning to finish up.”

“You sure Mone,” Patrick said with a worried look on her face. “Yall let's go watch the game.” “Simone are you free for lunch or dinner tomorrow” “Sure I am. Jonah is going to be home” “I saw the car.” “Jonah has only had you his mom not even me or Odell now he is thrown into the mix with all the strangers who say we love you but to him, he’s thinking how? Where was this love before and I certainly can't imagine coming face to face with someone who said they want you dead? We just need to work with him and give him some time. He is dealing with this and the fact he was with momma when she died. I can't imagine all of what he is harboring and trying not to show it.”

“I remember when Jonah was about three he asked where was his dad. I told him I said I honestly don’t know right now. He cried and cried then just before he went to bed he said I have enough love from you, mommy, I don’t need anymore. Now he’s 16 thrown into a whirlwind that nobody can pull him out of. I love my son God knows I love Jonah, but he has to face this I want to push him I will be there but I can't do this for him. I would if I could but I can't and it breaks my heart because as his mother I'm supposed to shield and protect him but from this..” I say as tears slide down my face.

Gwen hugs me. “Come on let's go to Gavin’s office and get you cleaned up.” I give a tight smile. “okay” I say as we go into the field house. “Do you think Gavin will mind”   Silence.   Looking over I see Gwen staring I follow her eyes and see her staring at Keith.

“Hey, beautiful” Keith said looking at Gwen. “I was hoping I would never see your ass again.” “How many times do I have to apologize to both of you.” “You would have to apologize if you had ball, to begin with.” “baby please can we talk.” “Hell no. I’m done hearing your lies.” I interjected, “I’m just going to run to Gavin’s office real quick.” “I’m leaving,” Gwen said then smacked Keith and walked out.

Stepping out of the bathroom in Gavin’s office I see him sitting on the edge of his desk. “I was wondering who was in my bathroom.” “I’m sorry I ju-“ “Don’t apologize. You don’t need to need to. How are you” “I’m okay. I won't be here next week can you get someone to record the game for me please.” “No problem. What’s going on?” “Work” “I need to leave before Maddison comes in here.” “Why would she. We are divorced. Matter of fact she tried the I’m pregnant game.” “You don’t think she is?” “I know she’s not. I have one child and one baby mama.”

“I never would have thought this about her. I have known her since I was younger and her parents moved next to her. She took me under her wing and” “And she fucked you over in the worse ways possible.” “Yeah and truthfully I don’t know why.” “Sweetheart that is something we will never find out. By the way, we need to keep a closer eye on Jonah I don’t know is she planning to do something to hurt him but we need be on the lookout.” “I will thank you for telling me.” Gavin stood up. I got to get ready and go out there. I’m already late.” I nodded. Gavin kissed my forehead “You need anything?” “No, I’m going out.” “I’m here if you need me.” “Thanks, Gavin.” He smiled and headed out.

Heading out the fieldhouse I bump into someone. “Ple-“ “What the fuck do you want” “I’m looking for my husband.” “I’m sure you are.” As I walk around her. “Mone, why can't you seem to forgive me. Is it because I married Gavin?” I laughed and walked out. “Simone don't walk away from me. Are you fucking my husband?” “You and Gavin are not even married anymore and no I’m not having sex with him.” It wouldn’t be the first time you spread your legs for him” “Who didn’t you spread your legs for Maddison.” “You fucking bitch.”

“MADDISON” I looked over to see Gavin. “Leave now.” “why are you allowing all these people to corrupt our marriage and family.” “What family.” “Our baby on board.” She says rubbing her stomach. “Or are you going to tell me to kill this baby too.” She says looking at me in my eyes.

“Maddison, what are you doing here?” I looked the side to see Gavin’s mom” “Momma Dot I’m here to support Gavin and our son. I me-“ I tried to reach her but Gavin grabbed me by the waist. “Calm down Jonah is ours. Mine and yours” “Maddison I’m not feeling too well can you come with me out to dinner.” “Sure, Momma Dot.” “Can you go get my car for me please darling” she asked Maddison as she took the keys walking off.

“I have to get back over their mom please be careful with her. She is a treacherous snake.” I will baby.” I observed her hugging and kissing Gavin then he left. “Are you okay.” She asked me looking in my eyes. “Yes, ma’am thank you for asking.” “I would like dinner with you and Jonah again sometime soon.” “Maybe. That will up to Jonah.” “That’s fair.” She said as we saw Maddison pull up in her car. She turned to me and hugged and whispered in my ear. “everything is going to be alright. No one messes with my family.” She pulled away and winked at me then walked off. I turned and headed to the game.

Comment:

Vote:

Share: