Chapter 79

Simone

                    {Friday Morning}

“Good morning momma.” “Good morning baby. You ready for the game tonight” “I am. Don’t forget we leaving to go to the weekend getaway. Just me, you and Steve.” “I’m going to ask this again, how did you and Steve pay for this.” Before Jonah could answer the doorbell rang out through the house. He got up to get the door since we knew who it was. Opening the door Steve rushed passed Jonah coming straight to the kitchen. “Good morning Momma P” Steve said eyeing the food hungrily. I passed him a plate.

“Momma to answer your question, Steve’s aunt and uncle are letting us use the place for the weekend.” “Steve are you sure it’s fine.” “Yes ma’am it is,” He said still eating. “They are going up in a few months and they asked if I could go check everything out before they come. I don’t want to go alone and you know I can't go too long without your cooking Momma P.” I smiled “Alright, well yall have a good day at school and I will see yall after the game.”

“Wait. Here is the address. You can head up after the game because Jonah and I will have to shower and change. Bring extra clothes oh and bring something a dress I have a restaurant I want us to go to and it’s a five star. Just my way of saying thank you.”  I hugged Steve “I believe we could all use a getaway.” “We could but we have to get to school before we are.” “Yall be careful.” I say “Love you, momma,” Jonah said over his shoulder. “I love you too.” Steve turned around “I love you too Steve.” “I love you Momma P”

                          Gavin

While sitting in my office going over last-minute footage from our opponents for tonight I heard a knock on my door. “Come in”  Jonah and Steve came into my office. “Good morning coach.” Steve said, “Are the three of us still going for the men’s weekend.” Jonah asked. “Who’s house is it and what did your mom say.” “Momma said it’s fine,” Jonah said. “It’s my aunt and uncles place.” “Are we leaving after the game tonight?” “You can go ahead because we have to get showered and changed. Here is the address and where the key is hidden. My aunt is stopping by on her way out of town.” “Okay,” I said, “Yall better get to class.” “Yes, sir.” They said. Then left. Taking out my phone I look at the picture of Jonah, Simone and I. I was interrupted by a phone call.

                          Jonah

After winning the game 57 – 7 and going into the field house I text Gwen to make sure everything was in place. She said yes and that momma had just left and she was getting Gavin to leave. “Steve we got to hurry and hit the road.” “Alright, a quick wash over ‘til we get home should be fine. I got right guard to help stay halfway fresh but if you smell something in a while just know right guard had to make a stop.” He said then walked off.

We meet Gwen and the Langford’s off the dirt road leading up to the house. We all got in the Langford’s car and drove up with lights off as Gavin was going into the house. Steve and I hopped out the car did what we needed to do then jumped back in the car and left before they realized what happened.

HOUSE SIMONE & GAVIN AT

                       Simone

Hearing the door close I came around the corner from touring the house. “Hey yal-“ I paused when I saw the person before me. “Gavin” “Simone” We each said each other name at the same time. “What the hell are you doing here.” “Me, Jonah, and Steve are having a guys weekend. What are you going here?” “No, me, Jonah and Steve are supposed to e spending the weekend here. Maybe you got your weekends mixed up.” “No sweetheart you have your weekends mixed up. I talk to them this morning.” “I did too,” I said slowly dragging out my words. “Seems we have been set up.” “Well I’m leaving and Jonah is going to get it,” I said grabbing my bags going out the door with Gavin on my heels. As I was putting my bags in the backseat my tire caught my eye. “How did my tires get slashed.” “Mine are slashed too.”

I got my phone and called Jonah multiple but the phone kept going to voice mail. I text him but no response. “I’m calling Steve.” Gavin said, “He sent me to voicemail.” He said then his phone pinged.

Steve:  you two are stuck together all weekend. The refrigerator is fully stock so yall want to be run out of food. Gwen got some wine and other things. Have a great weekend. Please don’t have sex with Momma P. I don’t want to think about it or know it. But if you must we got you some magnum condoms if they don’t fit I know what to say.

“I’m going to kill Steve,” Gavin said as we walked back in the house.

Comment:

Vote:

Share: