Beach Time Fun

It was another hot sweltering hot day, but already Tsumura had a plan to combat the heat.

Her idea was to go to the beach, and the children were all in for it. Anywhere to get away from the unbearable heat.

As Tsumura was packing the ice box, red umbrella, and blankets into the back of the trunk, Nemesis and Ayano climbed into the backseat of the car.

"I've never been to the beach before." Ayano commented, smoothing down the floral dress she was wearing. "Mother didn't like going there." She Especially didn't like it when anyone looked at Papa...

Nemesis shrugged, trying to look disinterested but he was bouncing in excitement. "I've never been to the beach either-"

"Hey Ayano! Nemesis!"

To their surprise, the car door suddenly opened revealing a familiar tan boy with a sunny smile. It was Aso Rito, the boy they had met during the pool a few weeks back. Ayano looked out of the window, and there she could see Okabe Rito also holding an icebox, a large umbrella, and a large blue towel. The tanned woman was waving at a man inside a blue car, who was waving back before he drove off.

"Okabe-San!" Tsumura greeted as Aso climbed into the car and claimed a seat to the right of Ayano and babbled away about something or another. Nemesis glared at Osa. "It's been a while! I'm so glad you agreed to come with us to the beach!"

"How could I not accept? We're going to the beach!" Okabe exclaimed, before letting out a small sigh. "It's so hot that I had to cancel soccer practice. I doubt the children could practice in the heat like this, sometimes I can't help but be jealous of my husband. He's working in the air-conditioned gym.'

Tsumura giggled before helping Okabe pack her stuff in the trunk."

"Ayano! Ayano! Ayano!"

Ayano turned away from the woman to look at the excited blond-haired boy, who was practically shaking her back and forth.

"Are you excited to go the beach?" Aso exclaimed, his blue eyes practically sparkling. "I've been to the beach before, but that was like- Forever ago! But the ocean water is so much colder than the pool, and there's sand! We can make sand castles!"

"Who wants to make sand castles?" Nemesis grumbled, looking a little put out by the other boy who was grabbing all of Ayano's attention. "They get destroyed so easily..."

"But it's fun!" Aso practically yelled, turning to Nemesis with his sunny smile. "It may get destroyed in the end, but at least you had fun building it. Right?"

"That's exactly right, Aso-kun!" Okabe exclaimed as she took the passenger's seat. "It's not the end that should be satisfying but the journey!"

"Yeah!"

Tsumura slid into the driver's seat, turning the car on as she giggled.

"Everyone ready to go?"

"Yeah!" Aso and Okabe exclaimed, pumping their fist in the air.

"...Yeah." Ayano said later, copying Aso and Okabe.

"...." Nemesis just pouted.

"Aww they're so cute~" Okabe cooed as she looked back to check on the quiet children 20 minutes later.

Aso and Nemesis were fast asleep and laid their heads on Ayano, who was struggling to keep awake while she was trying to read a book she had cracked open during one of Aso's and Nemesis' one sided argument. Nemesis snored softly in his sleep, pressing his face closer to Ayano's shoulder as his head threatened to fall several times, he was also hugging her as if she was one of his teddy bears. And Aso had his mouth wide open, drool dripping from his mouth, luckily not falling onto Ayano, as he leaned fully against Ayano, one foot folded onto the seat.